“Enjoyed this hotel except for the breakfast!”

The Hotel Telluride
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and found the room very comfortable, spacious and clean. The bathroom was stocked with Aveda products which I enjoyed. The only odd thing was that somehow my husband and I did not end up with a room with a double bed and we weren't quite sure how this had happened. As well as two large single beds we had two armchairs and a footstool. It was lovely to have iced tea, and hot water and tea bags available in the lobby. Reception helpfully booked horse-riding for us and left a note to confirm time etc. The one thing that wasn't good were the breakfasts which were terrible with the exception of the reasonable selection of fresh fruit. How difficult is it to cook fried eggs? The oatmeal was instant and we heard another person complaining about the pancakes. I was astonished to hear one of the staff on reception telling someone who was making a booking how the breakfasts there were just delicious! Clearly they've never tried them.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I went to Telluride, CO for our honeymoon and stayed at the Hotel Telluride. We were amazed at the personal service we received. From the warm welcome when we arrived to the ease of making golf, tennis and dinner reservation through the front desk, to the little touches like a bottle of wine and 2 wine glasses left in our room while we were out. The entire experience was incredible. I would have to say that I haven't been pampered like this since... well maybe since I was in my mother's womb. It was that good. I highly recommend the Hotel Telluride.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I finished up our honeymoon in Telluride, Colorado and we wanted a lodge-type feel to our hotel. When we saw the pictures of The Hotel Telluride, we knew it was the right place for us and we were not disappointed. The lobby is incredible with a warm fire going all the time. Although we were there in October, it actually snowed one day we were there and walking out of the blustery wind into the warm lobby was an amazing feeling. The room we stayed in was a little small, but was more than adequate and was very tastefully decorated. My husband was so in love with the flannel blanket on the bed, that I'm now on the search for one for our house! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful with any questions that we had when arriving. We had such a great experience that we're already planning a return trip with my entire family!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the friendly staff, to the room with a view, to the free shuttle service (ask for Ben - he was extremely polite and helpful) that can get you anywhere in town, Hotel Telluride delivered everything we needed for a weekend stay.

We liked the cowboy chic lobby with plush sofas, fireplace and assorted snacks such as coffee, chocolate chip cookies, iced tea and hot chocolate. Our room was clean and comfortable. It was bright and had a small but sufficient deck with a great view of the gondola and the vibrant colors of the foliage on the mountainside.

One suggestion: if you're looking to get more local flavor, skip the Nook Cafe located in the lobby and explore the various coffee shops and eateries on Main St. While the hotel is not located in the center of town, Telluride is small and very walkable.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I truly enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Hotel Telluride late September. The rooms are well appointed and the king size bed very comfortable. Everything was first class....the bedding, bath soaps, towels etc. The rooms have a small refrig and coffee maker. We could see the mountain tops from the balcony. Everyone was very friendly and made you feel right at home. They have a small fitness center and two outdoor spas on a first floor deck. They were spotless, hot and with fantastic jets that worked our sore muscles from hiking. They also have free bikes you can use in town. The location was perfect....a short stroll from dining and shopping. We couldn't have picked a better hotel for our stay in Telluride.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room on the 3rd floor (top).
Reviewed September 29, 2012

From the moment we were welcomed at The Hotel Telluride, we felt at home. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with a lovely large patio to enjoy the scenery. A small card at bedside offers a delightful selection of pillows to suit your preference. We tried one of each. The lobby has a fireplace to gather around and an assortment of games and even a guitar to pick up and strum. There is always a selection of coffee, hot and cold tea and freshly baked cookies at tea time. The Nook, just off the lobby, serves a hot or cold breakfast and food and drink throughout the day. We extended our stay by a night and were overwhelmed by the beauty of the mountains surrounding the village of Telluride. There is a free gondola a short walk away that takes you up to the ski area and the mountain village. The ride is spectacular. It was our first time in the charming town and hotel but we'll be back. I felt like I should have written a note to my host - which is just what this is. Thanks for a lovely stay THT!

Room Tip: We had a balcony which we really enjoyed.
1  Thank Piper46t
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Hotel Telluride in June and loved Telluride in the summer. The hotel was very nice with a beautiful lobby and nice rooms. The staff was very friendly. It was about a 10 min walk to the downtown area but they have a free shuttle. Free cookies and ice tea in the lobby every afternoon was a nice treat.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
Hotel Columbia
New Sheridan Hotel
New Sheridan Hotel
#3 of 11 in Telluride
Camel's Garden Hotel & Condominiums

Been to The Hotel Telluride? Share your experiences!