“Tiny, inspired, creative, go There!”
Review of There

There
Ranked #17 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The best meal we ate in Telluride & one of the best, most inventive and fun meal we've had anywhere. We walked out with happy tummies and big smiles.

We loved the quirky charm of the small space, the POSITIVE energy attitude of the staff, which is basically, "we serve great food, great drinks, we won't put up with your big city attitude and meanwhile move your hiney over so others can sit at the bar."

Hits were the sunflower sprouts, elk, quail on summer macaroni & cheese. Btw: THEY don't even really recommend their ramen, but I would assume it's a big hit in the winter for skibums coming off the slopes.

There are newer reviews for There

Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you are not interested in really speaking with the people at There and you don't want to chat with the other patrons, then There is not for you. For those of you interested in meeting people and getting to have a fulfilling dining experience with some adventure, then There is the place for you. There has it's own pace and process. Ask about it and embrace it. It's an adventurous ride that pays dividends.
We met the gentlemen who own the place and the chef, who spent sometime in one of Portland's award winning restaurants. These are fun people who are super creative and have developed a loyal following of locals.
It's difficult to categorize the food or the atmosphere, because they are completely unique. I can tell you the food was astonishingly good. The drinks were knock-your-socks-off amazing and just check the box for YES for dessert.
If you are going to Telluride or anywhere near it, go THERE. If you aren't planning a trip to Telluride, CHANGE YOUR PLANS and go THERE!
This is the best of the best of restaurants! Just let them show you the way.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Service was horrible. Bar tender was arrogant and rude. I would never go back, a lot better options with better and staff that cares.

2  Thank Skibum122
Reviewed July 30, 2014

What we ate.
1.Various buns. They were all ok.
2.Various lettuce wraps. They were all ok.
3.Glazed eggplant. Good.
4.Ramen with pork. Their noodles are not homemade which really turned me off. The broth was ok.
5.Pork belly skewers which were good
6.Kobe beef skewers which were absolutely divine. If you go I suggest you get a few.

They have a great beer list as well.
Our server was great, but the guy with longer hair who I think works the bar was surly and arrogant. When we sat down I asked him what drinks were good, and his response was, "I mean I don't know, all our drinks are good". The way he said it was condescending to say the least. Also another one of the servers(with a long beard) took our menu while we were still eating. I asked him if we could keep it because we wanted to order more food, and his response was, "ask us for it later if you need it". He then proceeded to take the menu. Anyhow, the place has a nice vibe to it, aside from a couple of the people that work there. I would probably go back for the Kobe beef skewers, and just be prepared for possessive menu guy, and surly bartender guy.

1  Thank oliverlevitt
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Make a reservation on the weekends. Really good food. Love the popcorn that is served when first you sit down. Got some attitude from the staff when we were 10 minutes EARLY. Better than 10 minutes late, right?! The staff likes to yell over the patrons and it must be there "schick" - but it makes for a frenzied eating environment. Delish cocktails. A bit confusing on the menu but the waiter will explain and hopefully not make you feel stupid for asking questions.

1  Thank Tiny_Bubbles007