“Could it be better?-yes, if it was in Loveland!”
Review of Baked in Telluride

Baked in Telluride
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Telluride
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Affectionately known as B-I-T, the Bakery is Telluride's favorite spot for fast breakfast, sandwiches, pizza, and modestly priced dinner. The Five year old building is 1/2 block south of Main Street at 127 S. Fir. Look for the big red warehouse building. We're fast, and can handle everyday needs and the crowds during the big festivals in moments. Thanks to all for the kind reviews. We read every one and make frequent improvements from your comments.
Northen Colorado
“Could it be better?-yes, if it was in Loveland!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Found this place from TripAdvisor's reviews & it was what we were looking for.Good food for not too much $$ .Places from the top of the list were outside of our price range.I'm a person who can't bring myself to pay $50 for an entree.
Back to Baked.First evening when we came & my husband was super hungry & grumpy & tired from 7 hour drive,I knew I'd better feed him before even going to the hotel.Found this place easy,it was not crowded, they had meatloaf on special & was my husband happy or what!
Service was quick, portion was huge,meatloaf yummy,prices reasonable.I was saved.I had a pastry, which was good & made a plan to return next day.
Didn't have to, as our hotel, Camel's Garden, had their bagels & pastries for breakfast.They also had a good variety of tea & coffee, so that was my breakfast.I tried the bagel & it was amazing! It was chewy & soft & super tasty.We ran out of bagels & the girl serving breakfast just ran across the street to get more pastries & bagels from the bakery.
I was in haven,bakeries are the first thing I research for any place we travel,(I'm a sweet tooth).
We ate there on our 3d day too, this time it was spaghetti & meatballs( good). While my husband was eating ,I was exploring the pastry display & got myself an almond cookie .When I got back to the table, man in a chef's coat was talking to my husband.It was the owner/main baker Jerry talking to the customers to see how they like the food.I expressed all my satisfaction with the great variety & excellent quality of the baked goodies.He talked to me about the cookie I just bought.He's an interesting person & a passionate baker.
When I asked the cashier when to get fresh bagels in the morning, she said:5:30 & I laughed.
Was I wrong!I showed up at 7am & two varieties of bagels were sold out.Wow!I still got two dozen( some for my daughter)of at least five varieties.My daughter's favorite was "everything", my husband's "w/garlic & w/ onions"(there are still a couple lurking in my freezer). I also got a box of different pastries ( awesome macaroons!) and some bread.
Every time we were there service was fast, efficient ;quality -excellent.
I read some reviews where people were whining about getting their own bagel from bagel display. I actually liked this setting, as I was standing in front of the baked goodies & could choose what I want without being rushed to order.
Bottom line-this place is a must if you look for a bakery, and/or if you are on the budget & like good food at the same time.
Thanks to everyone ,Jerry especially.

• Visited August 2012

Phoenix, AZ
“Favorite place to eat in Telluride”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This casual restaurant it delicious. Their baked goods are not disappointing and their pizzas are very good as well. We have gotten the Veggie pizza twice and it is quite large and can feed 4-6 people very well. Their Burrito Grande (I believe that is its name) is also good. It is extremely large and leaves you well and full. As for their baked goods, I have had their croissants (chocolate filled), brownies, cookies, bread, and doughnuts and they are all delicious. This is definitely the place to go for extremely casual, yet delicious dining!

• Visited September 2012
San Mateo, CA
“Yummy”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were looking for a bakery to buy a loaf of fresh baked bread. Our hotel recommended Baked in Telluride. Just off Main Street, it is easy to find. Many locals hanging outside the bakery early morning...usually a good sign and in this case, it was. Had a fantastic baguette...perfect inside and out. They had an extensive array of donuts that looked sinfully delicious. We didn't try them but they were hot sellers even at $1.49 a piece.

Visited September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baked Goods and Great Coffee”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Loved the casual atmosphere with the local art. The pastries are almost art enough by themselves though.

This is a refreshing place to eat after all of Telluride's more formal dining experiences.

Visited August 2012
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Great sandwiches and baked goods”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stopped here to pick up a lunch to take hiking. We were not disappointed, great sandwich! Upon our return, we stopped back by for cookies....really good. The breakfasts looked awesome, but we had already eaten. Although we did not buy any of the pastries, they looked very tempting.

• Visited September 2012