“A great place to start your day in Telluride” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Butcher & Baker Cafe
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
New Mexico
“A great place to start your day in Telluride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just returned from our annual visit to Telluride for the bluegrass festival and Butcher & Baker played a prominent role in a truly memorable experience. We visited the café for breakfasts and it started our day just right! We found tasty and wholesome food, especially the burritos and excellent fruit salads. The service was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. It is so relaxing to grab a wholesome breakfast, sit outside, and enjoy the beauty of the setting. We got food to go for dinner at camp, including delicious grilled chicken, beet salad, and the most wonderful cookies imaginable. If you are looking for a great local eatery for breakfast, lunch, and food to go this is a great option.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Telluride's "Must" for Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Sunday bunch a "Must"! This laid back cafe is favorite of local based on clientele and offers simple, well prepared and tasty food.

I discovered this cafe last March, after I stopped by the Ace hardware across the street. Today I discovered the Sunday brunch feature that includes a Sausage Breakfast Burrito ...my goodness, how tasty ...best that I have had. I was a little "suspect" when I ordered it and the server turned around a pulled a pre-made burrito wrapped in aluminum foil from a warmer behind the counter. I was quite surprised when I bit into the burrito! Bravo!

Definitely a "must" for every future trip to Telluride, which is pretty frequent of late.

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is definitely where the locals eat! Great food, pretty good coffee. The breakfast sandwich was wonderful. Definitely will go back again.

Visited May 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Sandwiches and sodas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

A nice stop if you're running around town, between hikes, or are looking for brunch. The menu offers a little for every appetite and the seating outside is particularly nice in the summer.

Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Rude Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Small place - seems to be frequented by locals. Food was not impressive, ordered a croissant which was burnt - asked if I could please have one that is not burnt, the woman behind the counter got snippy and informed me the croissant was not burnt. Nothing else looked great, so I took it. Way overpriced for quality and service, which was terrible. Came away feeling cheated. Per the other reviews, yes, this may be cheap by Telluride standards - but still feel we could have expected better service. Stay away from this place.

• Visited October 2012