“Telluride's "Must" for Breakfast”

The Butcher & Baker Cafe
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Sunday bunch a "Must"! This laid back cafe is favorite of local based on clientele and offers simple, well prepared and tasty food.

I discovered this cafe last March, after I stopped by the Ace hardware across the street. Today I discovered the Sunday brunch feature that includes a Sausage Breakfast Burrito ...my goodness, how tasty ...best that I have had. I was a little "suspect" when I ordered it and the server turned around a pulled a pre-made burrito wrapped in aluminum foil from a warmer behind the counter. I was quite surprised when I bit into the burrito! Bravo!

Definitely a "must" for every future trip to Telluride, which is pretty frequent of late.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

A nice stop if you're running around town, between hikes, or are looking for brunch. The menu offers a little for every appetite and the seating outside is particularly nice in the summer.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Small place - seems to be frequented by locals. Food was not impressive, ordered a croissant which was burnt - asked if I could please have one that is not burnt, the woman behind the counter got snippy and informed me the croissant was not burnt. Nothing else looked great, so I took it. Way overpriced for quality and service, which was terrible. Came away feeling cheated. Per the other reviews, yes, this may be cheap by Telluride standards - but still feel we could have expected better service. Stay away from this place.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We walked into BBC on a lark, knowing that we were hungry but not having done much research on Telluride restaurants. We immediately enjoyed the funky, cool, offbeat, slightly CA vibe. Lots of white, sunny, and simple. The menu grabs you next: Lots of salads in the see-through fridge and a style of ordering whereby you can choose one, two or three "scoops" of any of the salads. But they also have a specialty fried chicken, salmon, and other foods as well.

I called this review, however, Breakfast burrito and scones because both were standouts. The breakfast burrito was of average size but contained spicy sausage, corn salsa, and sweet potato. It was delicious. The scones were properly baked to be crispy on the sides and flavorful, not like the bricks you get in so many other places.

Really good restaurant and a sure bet in downtown Telluride. Not five stars because of slightly aloof service and several of the salads were good but not spectacular.

You won't go wrong here and get the BB!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place has a "deli" feel about it... very nice, but small, dining area when you walk in... cozy. Two employees typically work the front counter and they can get overwhelmed when the phone rings and there are lines of folks waiting to place their order and get refills of coffee.. be patient. The food is a bit on the pricey side for breakfast, but, again, you're in Telluride and should not be a shock. I had the breakfast burrito with sausage and it was very good and filling. My wife had the French Toast and it was amazing... it took about 10 minutes to make, but well worth the wait. When we come back to Telluride, I'll be back for breakfast.