“nice people, good equipment”

BootDoctors Telluride
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter Ski and snowboard shops with full array of rentals, clothing and accessories. World renowned boot fitting and ski/board tuning. Full service bicycle shops Outfitting including rafting, Mtn bike and fat bike tours and rentals, stand up paddle board tours and rentals, guided hikes,... Footwear, sportswear, outerwear.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

easy access to gondola for the mountain biking trips that start at the top of the mountain. fair pricing.

Bootdoc, Owner at BootDoctors Telluride, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your positive review. It is so great we have that FREE gondola access to Telluride's mountain trails, isn't it? Come back in winter and we'll take you on our hilarious "Bike n Brews" Fat Tire Tour of the snow trails on the Valley Floor to our local brewery. It's a unique adventure, for sure! Check out our web site for up-to-date blogs on adventures and gear in both Telluride and Taos Ski Valley, NM. We look forward to seeing you again and sharing our great outdoors!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Bootdoctors not only know how to solve every ski boot problem, they provide a variety of merchandise and activities for the summer tourist. My husband and I rented cruiser bikes from them and followed that the next day with trying a mountain bike tour for the first time. I was mildly terrified but our guide, Ben, and our driver, Linda, were able to assuage my fears and we had a ball! They provide the absolute best in equipment and professionalism. Now counting the days until we can return for ski season!

Thank you for your nice revue. We really strive to make sure our guests have a positive experience. Our bike tours are more than just a tour as you found out. They are also a skill building clinic so the participants come away with new confidence and abilities that you can use for future biking. Mountain biking can be very intimidating we know, especially in the tall mountain area of Telluride! We look forward to seeing you in the winter. Be sure to visit our web site for information on ski rentals. Plus you might get a kick out of riding the fat tire bikes on the snow trails on the valley floor to our local brewery! Let us know how we can make your visit to Telluride even better. Also, we invite you to visit our original store in Taos Ski Valley, NM anytime.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Friendly staff, but the boot fitters are not as good as you would expect from the reputation that Boot Doctors has. I had to have several appointments / attempts to correct their custom footbeds and boot adjustments. Finally, Bob (the owner) worked on my boots and got them right; he found a lead piece from the boot stretching device that had been left there by his previous fitters!

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than great experience at our store. The description you gave is definitely nowhere near our goal for customer service and satisfaction. I would like to invite you back to try us again. Please shoot me an e-mail and we will work to make your bootfitting experience right going forward. Penelope Gleason, co-owner, Bootdoctors

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We took the half day intro to Mountain Biking tour with our kids, ages 9 & 11 who have average biking abilities yet had never mountain biked before. We all LOVED it. ASK FOR BEN - he was the best guide, the kids loved him, he truly embodies the Telluride spirit. Everyone at the company was helpful and the customer service is great. I can't wait to go back and take more tours from these guys!!

1  Thank HotOCMama
Bootdoc, Owner at BootDoctors Telluride, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thanks for the kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your bike tour with Ben. We really try to have that "tour" be more - a true skill building experience for riders of all ages and experience. We hope to see you again soon. How about a stand up paddle board tour?! Book on-line at our bootdoctors.com web site for special pre-pay deals on all our activities as well as rentals for summer and winter. We love the outdoors and want to share it with you!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The good folks at Boot Doctors took great care of me during a ski trip to Telluride. Their staff are super friendly and the boot fitters really know their stuff. The boot fitter I worked with was incredibly patient - I didn't feel pressured to buy and there was no problem with me trying on multiple pairs of boots. They told me that if I didn't like the fit of the boots that I could come back at any time for re-fittings and, if that didn't do the trick, could swap out for a different pair outright - a pretty awesome offer. There are tons of nice skis and apparel here - much better selection than the other shops in the base area.

I'm a lifelong skier and I highly recommend Boot Doctors!

We hope to see you agin this winter. Please let us know any way we can make your mountain experience even better! Check out our newest summer passions - paddle boarding and 29er mountain bikes!