New Sheridan Hotel
$170
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

$263
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $347/night.

Mountainside Inn(Telluride)
$139
$135
$250
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $318/night.

Hotel Columbia(Telluride)
$299
$290
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

$248
$350
$699
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
Cimarron Lodge(Telluride)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschop housethe main streetrooftop barold westhistoric barwhite noise machinehot tub on the roofin townmodern amenitiesinterior roombar next doorhistoric propertyceiling fanturn of the centurystreet noiseparking passhotel bar
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really want to give this property an excellent rating, but there were some issues that just didn't pass muster. I agree with prior reviews that this hotel is charming -- old West but updated nicely. The bar, palor and dining room have a great vibe. It sits right on Main Street, and yes, we had noise from the street but expected this issue based on prior reviews -- just part of the Tell experience. Here are my complaints: 1. We decided to stop for breakfast one morning on the way to the slopes -- the dining room was empty -- unfortunately empty of servers too -- after waiting we left for better service else where 2. We had an unpleasant odor in our room -- like something had been wet and had that musty smell -- advised front desk of issue and they did correct it but wonder why none of the staff detected it3. We arrived at our room at 3 pm with no housekeeping. When I called desk they informed me that" we have a large group checking in today so we are running behind" Really? You knew they were coming so why not get your housekeeping properly cued -- worse yet, it made me think that as an existing guest my time/ comfort was less important? Hmmm. 4. 1 of the hot tubs was out of order. These issues at a hotel with less overall charm would make me unwilling to return. However, I have found staff to be very helpful and high country friendly.Proximatey to gondola/chair a real plus. hope next time I am here I can give an unqualified review!

Room Tip: You will have noise from happy people on street -- if this is a concern, ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gilda B
New S, General Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks for your comments.

We note your issue of the missing breakfast server in the main dining room and, as you know, we have two dining rooms for breakfast, so we will ensure that the one you were in has more consistently visible servers. Thanks for that.

Considering the late cleaning for your room, we are a small Telluride hotel and when we have almost all of our rooms turning over in one day, it is a challenge for us all (all hands on deck!) and, as you know, the housekeepers got to your room in short order. Unfortunately, your room was one of the last to be cleaned yesterday.

Thanks and we look forward to more good critiques that we can work with to improve.

Mike, Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were blown away by the beauty and feel of this fullly renovated historic hotel. From the high ceilings of the room to the fun, historic photographs hanging on the walls, the hotel exudes an air of sophistication and days gone by. Aside from the "feel" of the place, the beds were heavenly, the decor exquisite, the furniture and bathrooms very comfortable, the hot tubs hot, and the service employees friendly and helpful. The food in the beautifully decorated restaurant was excellent, too. I could not have imagined staying anywhere else. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our small Telluride hotel and its ambiance, decor, and service.

We look forward to having you return to Telluride,
Ray,
GM

Reviewed March 8, 2013

this is a beautiful grand hotel in the center of Telluride. The rooms were comfortable and spacious and the staff very helpful. We could walk to any location in the town from the hotel very comfortably (including the lifts up to the resort) and there was a restaurant/bar that was on the premesis and was totally happening at night. The $11 addition of the bed/breakfast is totally worth it - the breakfast was giant, beautiful and delicious and included nearly anything on the menu and a Latte as well! I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
New S, General Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the experience, energy and guest care her at our small Telluride boutique hotel and restaurant. We are so pleased that you got to experience it all - and the Bed and Breakfast option as well.

Our thanks for you taking the time to write,
Ray and Mike - General Managers

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had viewed the hotel online and the pics did not do it justice. It is a beautiful historic hotel with a very welcoming vibe as soon as you enter the door. We were on a whirlwind trip through Colorado so we were only able to stay one night. The hotel was very clean and the staff was super helpful. Our room overlooked the main road in town and was beautiful at night. If you are worried about street noise they have white noise machines in the room. We did not experience any noise issues. The bed was very comfy and there are lots of extra blankets in the room if you need them. The bathroom floors are heated which is a great touch! We were there in the fall so skiing was not an option for us but there were lots of shops and eateries. The Steaming Bean coffee shop and the Brown Dog Pizza are must trys. They are both within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
New S, General Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your glowing words about the experience here at our Telluride hotel.

Skiing is not integral to the experience of the town. There is so much of the valley and the peaks to explore.

With thanks for you taking the time to write this review,
Ray and Mike - Gm and Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2013

As you walk through the doors of the New Sheridan, you are somehow magically transported back to the 1800's. You have to search a bit past the well-stocked bar to find the little sign, up some stairs and to the right, that reads "Front Desk". I was greeted by the manager, who showed all of the old west charm that seems to permeate through Telluride. I had chosen a large 3rd floor room facing Colorado Ave (that locals call "Main Street"). Although I had been warned that the bars can be noisy at night, I wanted to be able to look out at main street & the mountains. Perhaps I was there at a quiet time, because I wasn't bothered at all by noise.

Although there is an elevator, I took a perverse pride in climbing the stairs after a day of skiing, and could easily imagine those same stairs being climbed in every western movie you've ever seen.

The room was huge, and the amenities were all delightful - especially the heated floor in the spacious and gracious bathroom. The bed was a bit high and I sort of had to take a running jump to get up to it, but oh my was it worthwhile! There are ski lockers in the basement, with a space for boots... and with heaters for the boots (which unfortunately didn't work during my brief stay).

Parking in Telluride is difficult, so the hotel provides passes to allow you to park on the nearby adjacent streets. The beautiful thing about Telluride is that once I parked the car, I never needed it again until it was time ( sadly ) to leave.

There is one thing to be aware of... the walls are a bit thin, and I could easily hear conversations from adjacent rooms. In a less charming hotel, in a less wonderful town, that would be unacceptable for a hotel costing this much. But somehow, in Telluride, it's easy to overlook.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking main street are larger, and more expensive, and have wonderful views of the town and the mountain.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the passion with which you write. You certainly capture the flavor of a stay at the New Sheridan.

It is a pity no one rode up those stars with the horse - yest it has happened and happens. The "past " is still here at our Telluride hotel.

Thanks for your care,