New Sheridan Hotel
  • Restaurant
Telluride Lodge(Telluride)
Etta Place One(Telluride)
View Hotel
All reviewschop housethe main streetrooftop barold westhistoric barwhite noise machinehot tub on the roofin townmodern amenitiesinterior roombar next doorhistoric propertyceiling fanturn of the centurystreet noiseparking passhotel bar
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I highly recommend staying at the New Sheridan Hotel (if you can afford it). My husband and I stayed here for a couples celebration thing, and it was such a delightful pick. The decor was just perfect - historic photos and modern paintings. Customer service was great - we had a tricky scheduling situation and the manager helped us through it every step of the way. Parking was easy, even though it was street parking, which kind of freaked us out, but turned out it was a breeze. The hotel is right in the middle of town, so it was so easy to just walk everywhere. The room was so comfortable and clean, with very nice touches - variety of pillows, great view, heated tiled bathroom floor, bathrobes, nice toiletries selection, q-tips, white noise maker, ear plugs, variety of local magazines to find local restaurants! I also loved the environmentally-friendly elements to the hotel - stairs are in a central location, you can choose to have your linens and towels washed with less frequency, recycling bins in room. Not having air conditioning didn't affect our stay at all - the room was always at the perfect temperature. I also liked not having a/c to reduce our dependency on an energy-guzzling appliance. You can tell that there was a lot of thought put into the hotel. Loved it and would definitely return for future celebrations.

The reason why we're giving it rating of 4/5 is that there are shared doors with other rooms in case you wanted to have a multi-room suite. I think this is a fantastic option to have, but for us, it also meant that there was some noise from the room next door that we could hear, which affected our stay just a tiny bit.

Despite that minor thing, I would definitely return to the New Sheridan.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the front onto the main road has a wonderful view, but it can get somewhat noisy at night. It didn't affect us at all, as we are both heavy sleepers, but light sleepers should be aware of that. The New Sheridan does supply you with a white noise machine and ear plugs just in case, though.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TK J
New S, Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and look forward to sharing them with the team. I was glad to hear of your positive experience in regards to our location, beautiful guest rooms, and customer service. Allow me to apologize for the noise that came through the adjoining door from the other room. Please contact us directly when you are planning to return to Telluride. It would be our pleasure to assist you in the selection of a room without an adjoining room. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I do not need to add any superlatives to those that other guests have entered about this hotel. It remains a centrally-located place to stay in Telluride at any time of the year, and it is full of character and class. I have spent week-long work stays here twice in the summer months. I would not hesitate to return here with my wife as my place of choice to stay in town. There is an issue of noise from the hotel bar when one has a room on the east side of second floor. Unlike another reviewer, I could not sleep with my windows open after 10 pm in the evening, when the bar operators seemed to think it necessary to turn up the music. The white noise machine was otherwise perfectly helpful in drowning out the sounds. I have yet to try the restaurant for dinner (big thumbs up according to my friends), but can highly recommend a relaxing breakfast in the lobby bar area. I found the prices for that to be quite reasonable, on a Telluride scale, and the company is always friendly.

Room Tip: I would guess that rooms on the west end and further back are quieter. Likewise, third floor probably quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank run4lifer
New S, Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your helpful feedback and for choosing to stay with us when traveling for work. We hope you can return with your wife and have time to enjoy dinner together at the Chop House.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Elegant throughout. My teenage daughter and I spent two nights at the New Sheridan in June, and found it completely relaxing. Didn't need the air conditioner, and slept with windows open. Other reviewers complained about late night noise from the street, but on these two weeknights it wasn't a problem at all. There are no laundromats in Telluride, and the hotel doesn't have a guest laundry. However, the front desk was happy to arrange for housekeeping to take care of it for us free of charge (I left a $20 tip). Didn't eat or drink here, but the dining room looked quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate that you recently chose to stay at the historic New Sheridan Hotel! Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We're happy we were able to take care of your laundry needs. We look forward to having you and your daughter stay with us again!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our room on the third floor in the back was spacious, quiet, clean and full of character. Added touches like the white noise machine showed attention to detail (although the machine wasn't needed). The front desk was courteous and accommodating, and the service at the lobby bar was superb as well. Downtown Telluride is just out the front door. I don't think we could have made a better choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor in the back should be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
New S, Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our in-state visitors and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Spent two days in Telluride and stayed at this wonderful quaint hotel. The room was exceptionally appointed to the smallest of details. Bed was one of the best I have had in a hotel in recent years. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast the day we left was excellent again wait staff very accommodating. Great place - will always return here.

Room Tip: Room to the back of the hotel seemed to be quieter than ones at the front of the hotel would be.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
New S, Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your 2 day stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Telluride and the historic New Sheridan.