“Great experience but be wary”
Review of Telluride Bistro

Telluride Bistro
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Fine Italian dining
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

First, this place has excellent atmosphere. We ate on the patio and couldn't have asked for a nicer setting. The house wine was excellent although a glass cost as much as a bottle at most wine stores. The food was pricey and the appetizer portion was very small. I had lasagna figuring it was a safe bet and my wife had the fettuccine mushrooms. The lasagna was the worst trading I've ever had. It was very sweet, loaded with brown sugar. However the fettuccine was amazing. Just be careful what you order and it should be a pleasant experience.

There are newer reviews for Telluride Bistro

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The soft throws on all the outside chairs was a nice touch. I needed mine as the sun shifted. The wines were nice, service was excellent, food was good. The dessert menu was limited. The outside patio was lovely.

1  Thank andrea k
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Telluride Bistro offered a small but diverse menu. We enjoyed two of their pasta dishes and were very pleased. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The restaurant had an intimate and comfortable feel to it. We would definitely come back!

2  Thank Cutpaste
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went here on a recent trip to Telluride for The Telluride Wine Festival. We were just passing by and saw the inviting patio. We looked at the menu and could not resist sitting down for dinner. The waitperson was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wines as well as being friendly and efficient. This was truly a very pleasant experience. Great calamari, nice job on the arancini, and the capellini alla cheeca was delicious! I wish I could have staid an extra day in Telluride so I could go back. This was an enjoyable time. Having gone to culinary school as well as having worked in Italy I think this is as good as it gets.

1  Thank gastrnome
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The welcoming staff seated us for an early dinner in the charming outdoor patio area. There were a variety of unique cocktails made with fresh fruit. I had to decide between the martini made with fresh Blood Orange juice or the Prickly Pear margarita - I chose the latter and it was marvelous! Our Caesar salads were fresh, dressed just right, with parmesan shavings on top. The presentation was lovely, with two colorful rings around the edge of the plate - olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The menu changes with availability but on this night I had the ahi tuna which was super fresh and cooked to perfection. It came with mouthwatering Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and crunchy veggies made with love. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Kobe beef medallions and accompanying potatoes and veggies. I am sure the desserts would have been fabulous, but there was no room left! The atmosphere was sophisticated, warm and friendly. Chatting with adjacent diners was an added delight - as we compared drinks and dishes. We left the restaurant feeling that we had had a very special experience. Next time we are in Telluride, we are headed back to the Telleuride Bistro.

2  Thank Globalhug