“Excellent equipment and service”

Black Tie Ski Rentals of Telluride
More attraction details
Owner description: Exclusive Black Tie Ski and Snowboard Rental benefits include: No lines to wait in, Telluride's newest rental fleet, 5 times more delivery vehicles, Telluride's most experienced rental staff, premium demo boot upgrades, kids premium level skis and snowboard's, men's and women's specific models for every level, ski rental clothing, and we will take your equipment to slope side ski valets for FREE! No other ski rental company comes close to our level of service. Experience the Black Tie difference!
Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent equipment and service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love this company! I have rented skis from them in several Colorado locations and had a fabulous experience each time. On my recent visit to Telluride, my friend broke her leg and we didn't get to ski on our last day. When we told Black Tie, they didn't charge us for that day even though we had their skis tied up for the entire day.

Atlanta, Georgia
“These guys are awesome”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We just spent a great week in Telluride. Called Black Tie beforehand and they met us at our house exactly on time, and fitted 8 of us (four adults, four kids) with really good equipment. They even threw the kids' stuff in for free since we rented for five ski days. We had two equipment changes during the trip and they were super prompt and met us at the mountain. They have a good relationship with the storage place on the mountain (the yert), so we never lugged anything around. The cost was on par with the on-mountain place, but the service was the real difference. No waiting or carrying anything, which can be a real pain with four first graders on the trip. Hats off to Josh and his crew for a job well done. We will use them every year. They even let you switch out for snowboard stuff for no extra charge, which we did not use but will next time. My wife and I are both own customer oriented businesses, and it takes a lot to impress us. Black Tie did enough for me to write this review, which I never do.

Visited March 2014
Telluride, Colorado
“Unbelievable Service from Black Tie Ski Rentals”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a truly great outfit. They'll exchange your skis ASAP if you want to try different skis. They carry all the major name brands including Atomic, Dynastar, Rossignol, Salomon and Tecnica

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Made Skiing A Breeze!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I couldn't recommend this service more highly. Made renting equipment so easy...came to our room and changes were no problem. Fantastic service!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent Service - Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We rented equipment through Black Tie Ski Rental during our recent trip to Telluride, CO. The online reservation process was straightforward and I received a detailed email confirmation immediately. A few weeks in advance of our trip I called to confirm details, which were confirmed by one of their knowledgeable, responsive employees.

Our flight was delayed into Montrose and we arrived past our slated on-site fitting time of 5 PM. With just a quick call, Black Tie adjusted our fitting time to 8 PM. Like clockwork, just 5 minutes prior to 8 PM Black Tie called my mobile phone from just outside our condo complex. The technicians were professional in appearance and in their knowledge of Telluride, the mountain conditions, activities in the town, and even had literature to support further activity planning.

When our rental period was complete we simply placed our equipment outside the complex main door and Black Tie picked up without a hint of interaction needed from us.

I notice that Black Tie has a location in Park City. I would strongly encourage anyone who is visiting Park City to use Black Tie for their equipment rental needs. We rented with a competing outfit - Skis on the Run - during our visit to PC last year. The experience was nothing short of unprofessional and bordering on insulting. Both the employee working the phones and the owner, Patrick, were rude and condescending after an issue we had with their billing process. They refused to rectify our issue and dealt with us as if our business was inconsequential. Overall it was a horrible experience.

If you're planning an visit to Park City, or anywhere Black Tie has a presence, I strongly encourage the use of their service. You won't be disappointed.