We had an excellent time during our stay at the Hotel Capella - Madeline, during which time the hotel changed management companies. It was a bit disconcerting to hear the week before beginning my stay that the Capella was planning to shut down four days into my trip, ( I had already been charged for an eight day stay.) Needless to say, I was among the many people who were very relieved that the hotel remained open after Feb. 1. The staff was exceedingly professional the whole time, and continued to provide the fine service this hotel is noted for.
The property is beautiful. With the exception of a couple of curious architectural design choices, It presents an elegant conjunction of old and new world style. My balcony room was comfortable. I was extremely fond of the granite used throughout. the room and bath, which had a large shower, soaking tub, double sinks & water closet.
Other pluses and minuses regarding the stay:
+ Excellent location in the center of Mountain Village, across from the gondola to town.
+ The food in the restaurant and bar was very well prepared and presented.
+ Great hotel bar, (even if we had it mostly to ourselves!)
+ One of the best massages ever from the Spa.
- Very odd placement of ski rental area - They should be near the ski in-ski out access point, not a hundred yards down a cobblestone corridor.
- Labyrinthine Spa layout was a bit confusing
- The kitchen was out of menu items and other things they should have had in stock. (Out of Breakfast Tea day after day... ?)
- Housekeeping was a tad inconsistent in the middle of the week, with the exception of turndown service whch arrived consistently after 8 pm. (They'd slide a 'Sorry we missed you card under the door if the privacy light was lit.)
Overall, the stay was delightful and we wish the Madeline the best of luck, and hope to return for future stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Madeline Hotel and Residences Telluride is a refined boutique address located at the heart of Telluride, Colorado's ski mountain. The hotel has 84 guest rooms, 11 suites, and 35 Residences of sophisticated design, attentive service and the amenities to fully enjoy the invigorating atmosphere of the Rockies. M Club is an impressive hospitality lounge and fine dining experience that features local and regional ingredients. Black Iron Kitchen is a relaxed mountain chic Kitchen and Bar serving and imaginative small and large plate menu. The Spa, Salon, and Studio at Madeline offer transformational treatments focused on healing and rejuvenation. Madeline Telluride is also well set for intimate weddings and small scale meetings, with 3,000 square feet of function space surrounded by wooded hillsides and majestic, mountain peaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Madeline Hotel and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.