“Excellent value in Telluride” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountainside Inn

Mountainside Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Telluride
Austin, Texas
“Excellent value in Telluride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I read the reviews and decided to book a room on 2/17/13 with the attitude that I could withstand anything for one night. Having read prior complaints, I made sure to arrive between 4:30 & 5:00pm, and was pleasantly surprised with the niceness of the lobby. The young woman on duty checked me in in about 20 seconds, explained the parking situation to me and I was on my way. The room was stylish and well maintained, not overly large, but plenty of furniture and comfortable. In fact, I was really happy with the radiant baseboard heat, which produced no noise and stirred no air, but maintained a comfortable temperature.
We put our stuff in the room, walked two blocks to the gondola, and went to Mountain Village for supper. Upon returning, we found the motel to be quiet and the King bed just to my liking, on the firm side.
Next morning was no different, with an easy check process and plenty of time to get back to Mountain Village for skiing.
I consider the Mountianside Inn to be an excellent value in Telluride, and I wish that I could find such value in small town motels along the way between Austin and Telluride. For all of you folks hoping to find a $600 value in a $99 Mountainside Inn room, I would recommend that you book elsewhere.

Room Tip: My rating of Terrible on the restaurant and fitness center was accidental because there was none of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We thank you for your accurate review of Mountainside Inn. We deffinately are the most affordable lodging in Telluride and not to mention the best location to the mountain for ski access.
Come back and see us soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My son and I spent 3 nights as our annual Ski trip. Front desk staff very friendly and great service though limited hours at desk. My son’s board arrived 1 ½ days late and manager called as soon as it arrived. Met many very friendly guests there who have been coming here for years and each spoke well of the Mountainside Inn. Our room was every thing we needed, as all we did was ski, soak in the very nice, though sometimes crowded hot tub, eat in town and sleep. While there are much nicer places in Telluride this one fitted our bill and wallet very well. No complaints- its only about 100 yards to Lift #7. Excellent coffee in lobby when open. Since we ate out we did not need kitchen facilities, but if we come with the whole clan the kitchen would be desired

Room Tip: On the northside our room had view of river and close to hot tub
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mountainside Inn does have the best location for skiiing and festivals as well as the most affordable rates in town.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and come back and see us soon.
Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here on a group ski trip. This Inn is really a condo complex, so the units are all furnished very differently. My unit was a 1 bedroom and was fine, but was dated. Other rooms I saw were totally upgraded. So unless you ask for a specific unit, it's a crap shoot. I was in the 2nd top floor, so it was relatively quiet. The hot tub is large and the front desk was nice. This complex is right across a parking lot from the Coonskin Lift, which was convenient to get up the mountain. Also there's a ski rental place right near the lift, and you can walk to town easily.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor near the stairs in a corner unit, so I only had a unit on one side of me. The...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RealtorRita
Mountainside Inn is the most affordable lodging in Telluride. Our complex has a variety of accommodations that will suit your needs. We do have the best location in town for skiing or summer festivals. Only 2 blocks from the gondola, shopping and dining.
We do thank you for your review
usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We stay here frequently. It is a good value because it is cheap and in a great location in telluride but it is a total dump. Try the one bedroom units. Cleaner and full cooking facilities. Large for the money. If you are staying with kids a great place...not so much for a romantic get away!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank dbdurango
Thank you for your review as a repeat guest. We are sorry that you found your accommodations unsatisfactory. Please let us know on your next visit how we can make your stay more enjoyable

Travelers are raving about these Telluride hotels

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

On December 23, 2012, I made a reservation through Ski The ROCKIES for lodging at the Mountainside Inn in Telluride, CO for December 28th thru January 1st, 2013.
On December 28th at 9:00AM, I was admitted at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, CO suffering a HEART ATTACK. We called the Mountainside Inn immediately to cancel the reservations. They REFUSED TO HONOR the cancelation and return the cost of the room. Never made it to Telluride!
MAJOR RIP OFF!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Al l
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We are terribly sorry to hear of your medical emergency and hoping things are better at this point.
You did book your reservation through Ski the Rockies and they are the company that took your payment. They will be able to help you with your request. Please contact them to see if you took trip insurance.
Again, we sincerely hope you are on the mend now.
Page, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. We had a nice comfortable room with a well stocked kitchenette. The staff that checked us in were friendly and accomodating. The room was warm and cozy. We used the grill outside and made some steaks and lobster tails...and we also used the wonderful jacuzzi. The price was right - the ambience was perfect. We felt welcome and happy! We will recommend the Mountainside Inn to friends and will definitely stay here again! I was sad to leave. Looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patrice H
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Mountainside Inn! What could be more fun than grilling out in the winter wonderland of Telluride.
We look forward to your return visit.
Bologna, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

In October 2012 I booked through the Telluride tourism board website a 2 nights stay at the Telluride Mountainside Inn. Telluride tends to be an expansive town and it l thought I had found a decently priced accomodation.At approximately 6 PM, after a difficult search since the Inn hasn't any signboard of kind and the correct civic number (100) is different from the one shown on the reservation (333)I got to the lobby entrance for checking in. To my dismay I found a locked door and all the lights off. In a very dim light, just not to say in almost total darkness, I spotted on the left side of the locked entrance a small wooden box and a service phone. Inside the box there were several envelopes containing the rooms' keys and a couple of papers for the guests. Sad to say there wasn't any envelope reporting my name. I double checked, then I decided to make use of the the servive phone. I tried more than ten times but in vain since no one answered my calls. I was tired and I was getting so angry that I was about to report the matter to the police. As an hotel keeper you can have little regard for your guests closing the lobby at 5 PM but you cannot require a full payment in advance and then not offering any service. When I was about to quit I spotted a gentleman by the building reciycling station. I asked him if he knew somebody from the Mountainside Inn management and he very kindly used his mobile phone to contact somebody. Even in this case no one answered the phone and the gentleman left a message to an answering machine. Already furious I recalled from the back of my mind that one of the envelopes reported a strange name, Betty Boop.While staying with my helkper hoping he would be called back my brother went and check the content of that weird envelope. Our keys and our papers were there inside. After 2 hours from my arrival I was able to get to my cramped very basic room. The following morning (the staff is present only from 8 to 5) I complained about the incident but I got just some blank apologies and a lot of lies. I was told that since I made my reservation through the tourism board they didn't have my name, that's why they put a fantasy name on my envelope. That's nonsense and not true since all the papers they put into the envelope with the keys reported my correct full name. I was told that the previous night the manager on duty didn't get any call from the service phone...ok I don't even comment this statement. I just wish they could check their security cameras showing that beside me there was also a middle aged woman desperately trying to speak to somebody.I will return for sure to Telluride but I will for sure stay at a different location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank d8889
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for letting us know of your situation. Since Telluride does have 2 off seasons one in the spring after the skiing season and one in the fall after the festivals have left town. Mountainside Inn does shorten their hours of operation, as do most of the shops and resturants in town. Our off season hours are clearly posted by the lobby front door. All of our on line sites also state 'seasonal hours of operation'. We also add a phone number you can call for after hours check in instructions.
When we receive a booking from our on line sites as well as the Tourism Board we only receive limited information. When we don't have some critical information about our guests it is our policy to put a fictitious name on their check in envelope to prompt them to call our manager on duty so we may obtain the remaining information we require.(That number is also clearly posted) What we do receive from these bookings is your name, date of arrival and departure and type of accommodations requested.
You state you called numerious times but we have no record of those calls as we easly can track incoming calls. I would be curious as to what number you did dial?
Another service we give to our guests is to give our guests a pre arrival call to make sure they have all the information they need regarding their up coming stay. Had we had all the critical information needed this situation could have been prevented.
We do hope you return to Telluride and hope this will clear up the confusion that you experienced.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Victorian Inn
#3 of 10 in Telluride
Hotel Columbia
Hotel Columbia
#2 of 10 in Telluride

Been to Mountainside Inn? Share your experiences!