“I think this place is the best bargain around”
Review of Mountainside Inn

Mountainside Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We live in Durango, CO and took an overnight trip to Telluride. We stayed at the Mountainside Inn. We stayed there for our anniversary many years ago. We loved it then and we loved it now. And it's pet-friendly too. The room was clean I loved the big bathroom. This place is in-town and the check-in with Jeannie was delightful and things were nice and quiet, even though the place was packed. Parking is a challenge, but doable. I look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kanddDurango
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

We love our repeat guests! So glad your return visit was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I do not recommend staying here. Bad check in with a ftnt desk clerk who needs some coaching on customer service. Don't tell me to come back to check in early when house keeping has the room last to be cleaned. Now the parking lot is being paved n we are left to find a place to park. What a disappointing experience! Checking out tomorrow. If I had know I would have spent the extra money to stay somewhere else. Do not recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We do apologize for any inconvenience in checking in for your stay. We take our guest service experience seriously.
Our rooms are only released for occupancy after housekeeping, maintainence and inspectors have completed their inspections. If there are any delays in this process unfortunately it may take just a few minutes longer to occupy your room.
Parking is always available in the lot just adjacent to our complex and we would have helped you with directions.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were extremely pleased with our stay at the Mountainside Inn. Chris at Telluride Alpine Lodging helped me secure a room at the best price, and he took time to answer all our first-time guest questions about air travel, weather, and transportation. He also got us a great rate on the Mountain Limo shuttle from the Montrose Airport.

We were very happy with our large, lovely room and referred to it as "home" during our week's stay. Our room was large and lovely. We made use of the kitchen's nice dishes, stove, toaster oven, coffeemaker, dishwasher, and large fridge to save money. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a nice window seat. Being used to warmer climates, we were worried about the lack of AC, but the windows and two table fans kept us cool.

The Mountainside Inn has a nice hot tub we enjoyed when it was covered and warm. Parking is limited, but a car isn't necessary within Telluride. If you travel by car, taking a short walk to park it elsewhere is no big deal.

I would caution travellers that the front desk at Mountainside Inn is not like most hotels. When we arrived, the office staff had stepped out, and we didn't see access to a public restroom.  We had shipped a package to arrive at the main office, which delivered it to the Mountainside Inn office. Unfortunately, the staff wasn't sure where it was, so we had to wait until someone from the main office was out of a meeting to instruct the staff. In a rush to check out, I asked the desk staff if they could mail postcards, but they didn't have mail delivery and referred me to other nearby locations. Overall, these were very minor inconveniences that did not ruin a good experience, but adjust your customer service expectations slightly to meet a more casual front desk and general laid-back mountain summer schedule.

We'd definitely recommend staying at Mountainside Inn. We were happy to walk, or take the city bus from the stop around the corner, to get where we wanted to go. We were comfortable and got the rest we needed to have a great vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of Mountainside Inn. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Telluride.
Come back and see us during ski season!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

In a town as expensive as Telluride, I was happy to find pet friendly accommodations at a great location without having to break the bank. The room was clean enough with a double bed and twin bed. We also had a small kitchenette which we really didn't use. The location was walking distance to town park, hiking trailheads, and great restaurants. I might look for other accommodations if we don't have the dog next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lrucker
JeanneWalker, Manager at Mountainside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Mountainside Inn is the most affordable lodging in Telluride! And we love to have your canine friends accompany you on your visits.
You are absolutely correct about the location. We are close to the festivals in the summer and ski in ski out location in the winter. Hiking, biking, resturants and shopping are all within walking distance.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Mountainside Inn has two things going for it - fantastic location next to the San Miguel River and friendly people and their dogs at check in. Other than that, it's not so great. The rooms are old and tired, really just worn out. Clean enough I guess, but it's hard to tell. The week we were there parking was terrible due to closure of a nearby city lot, but I suspect it's always pretty bad. When you add $30 a night for the dog to stay, it's not really cheap. It's better than sleeping in your car, but try someplace else if you can.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of Mountainside Inn.

Yes we are the most affordable lodging in Telluride and do offer pet friendly accommodations. It is difficult to get pet friendly rooms in Telluride and the $30 fee is average.

Telluride Alpine Lodging manages about 400 properties in and around Telluride and Mountain Village. On your next visit I am sure we would be able to find accommodations that would suit your needs.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I made my reservation and specifically asked about parking/security and was assured it was "all good".Turns out the hotel has about 40 rooms and only 18 parking spaces. They rely on a public unsecured lot about a block away for guests. In my case, I checked in at 4pm and asked about the parking again and was told that the city is resurfacing the public lot and there was an additional lot two blocks away for parking. The clerk said "be careful, if you park illegally you WILL BE TOWED. When I returned from my day trip to the hotel there was no parking ANYWHERE within half a mile of this hotel. The lot he spoke of was completely full and I drove around for an hour looking in vain. The staff leaves at 6 pm so I called their manager "on call" and told him the situation. He said, "We have no control over parking". I had to find a hotel an hour and a half away in the middle of the night after an exhausting day. The worst part is the staff
at the MOUNTAINSIDE INN told me they were going to KEEP MY $95.12 even though I could not stay in their hotel. They were totally unreasonable people and the place was sub par to say the least. Fortunately, my credit card company has agreed with me and is reversing the charges and I WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY.

Bottom line: Horrible Staff, horrible service, poor rooms, inadequate parking, poor overall management. They should have willingly retruned my money and showed some remorse for potentially ruining my trip.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place period
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mjdenver80602

Thank you for your review. We take your comments seriously.
Telluride being a small mountain community parking can be a challange at times. Mountainside Inn always states parking is limited and is on a first come basis. Unfortunately, the city decided to re-surface our public lot that we have use of, during your stay. We do offer other options for parking, but Telluride does not have 'secured' public parking such a public garage or inclosed gated parking available.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we are sorry this tainted your stay in our beautiful town.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Lile the price but surprised me w lack of services. Office closes at 5pm and they hasn't left a key out for me. Called the manager and they did respond quickly. No elevator toy second floor room. Decent bed tho

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank TravelVivi
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

We always appreciate your comments and concerns and do take them seriouly.
Mountainside Inn office hours vary seasonally. During your stay we close at 7pm. I am assured that you found your room through our manager on duty as they are always there to assist you.
As far as elevators, we are only 2 stories and do not have elevators.

On your next visit to Telluride please contact us at Telluride Alpine Lodging.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Victorian Inn
#3 of 11 in Telluride
Ice House Lodge
Ice House Lodge
#7 of 11 in Telluride

Been to Mountainside Inn? Share your experiences!