“Great Location”
Review of The Victorian Inn

The Victorian Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Victorian Inn is located just a few blocks from the downtown area and across the street from a ski lift so no matter what time of year you visit this is a great location. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and had all the amentites you could ask for in an older building. The shower was wonderful and they supplied all the things that I would need like shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in a neat dispenser in the shower. My view from the window was of the ski slopes and lift which in the summer is a great way to see all of Telluride. My stay was way too short but next time I will stay here again and make my trip a little longer.

1  Thank schmelonball

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at the Victorian Inn in downtown Telluride in July and found it a very nice, comfortable stay. We rode in from Albuquerque, and have been to Telluride before, and decided to try this place. Note that the ads make it sound like a B&B. It's not. It doesn't really look Victorian at all except standing on the residential street right and front and noticing yes, it's original house was a Victorian, but the owners have added on to create an Inn to the extent that the additions are a full fledged motel arrangement encircling the house, and it's two stories of motel attachment. So it's not actually an attractive building because of that. In a way, a shame, as the original house was attractive, but no doubt had limited rooms. THAT would have been a Bed & Breakfast. This is not.

The rooms are nice, though they do have a dorm-like quality to them that speaks of "we expect groups of skiers to be camping out here." Our room was a double queen with hanging pegs all over the place. Spartan decor, but comfortable beds and good space for sink and counter and bathroom. The location is perfect — steps from the mountain downhill, and steps from Main Street a block or two up the hill.

We stayed two nights, and found it a nice place. We'd stay again, which says something.

1  Thank Marielle O
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Victorian Inn recently. Summer is great in Telluride. The weather is perfect and the activities - sans skiing - are terrific. Make sure you go to Telluride Brewing Company for a beer. It's a blast and the beer is awesome. Also, decide whether you'd rather be in town compared with Mountain Village. I recommend the town. It's a more authentic vibe and you can always hop the gondola for a walk around Disney Land - I mean Mountain Village.

The room was adequate. Clean and basic. My wife complained that the shower wasn't hot for a morning shower. I was taking evening showers and had no problem. Clearly, the early bird catches the worm. Make sure you get a 100 or 200 series room so that you are above ground. The breakfast is limited by choice but you can get enough to hold you over. There's also not much seating in the breakfast room but tables turn fast and fellow guests tend to clear space. Parking at the Inn is also limited, meaning you could wind up on the street where there are daytime restrictions. There's no air conditioning but the fans are adequate with the cool mountain nights. Staff is friendly - although one member could be a bit prickly.

This is not a fancy hotel. You need to have a bit of a sense of chill about things. It's not expensive and it's a very fair value. It couldn't be better located. I knew what the drill was but my wife didn't and she's a bit pickier than me. She was satisfied with the experience as she acknowledged that it overwhelmingly met our needs.

If you want fancy don't stay here. If you want fair and basic and understand what this means then you'll be fine. It's all about expectations.

I'll be back for skiing next winter.

Room Tip: Get a 100 or 200 series room
2  Thank 429harrym
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The rug was moist. The room was small and run down. I would say if you want to do Telluride and not spend a fortune, 1 or 2 nights, camp. More nights do AirBnB. Thus is the cheapest in town, but the place is still inflated and not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bikesue
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Offers all one needs for a hiking or workshop stay in Telluride, close to the town and to the free gondola. A possibility to opt out of breakfast for a price reduction would have been nice, but the breakfast offered was very reasonable and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Martin S
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Following a wonderful stay in Durango, my next stop was Telluride and the Victorian Inn partly because of the reviews I read on trip advisor. I have to say that I am disappointed. Parking is limited, my room is below street level & there is no A/C & the noise level outside is so high due to street construction that I can't even open the windows! I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Got married in February and we made Telluride our final destination for a honeymoon road trip from Texas, wound up staying at the Victorian Inn at a local's suggestion that it was the most reasonably priced. Cool old decor and really friendly staff in the lobby plus everything you could possibly need or want in a hotel room; I only wish we had arrived earlier (we got into town pretty late at night) so we could actually make use of everything- kitchenette, laundry facility, steam room etc. but there's always next time... we slept great (noticed the walls were a bit thin the next day as we could hear the guy in the next room coughing but we were not disturbed at all during the night and received no complaints), woke to a beautiful mountain view and pretty good breakfast in the downstairs lobby plus they were very helpful in providing maps and answering questions, and nice enough to let us leave the truck parked out back after check-out so we could walk around town and ride the gondola and stuff before hitting the road again. Definitely coming back for the anniversary trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank izzydadriver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
Hotel Columbia
Hotel Columbia
#2 of 11 in Telluride
Camel's Garden Hotel & Condominiums

Been to The Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!