“Awesome place”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome place”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went to Telluride for a quick weekend and found the Victorian Inn based on price. To my surprise, It was an awesome room, close to gondola, clean, great bed and a basic free breakfast. I plan on my next trip to stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Team_Victorian_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thanks Dave for your super review from the weekend you spent with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it.

The Victorian Inn Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you came to Telluride to ski - I mean really ski, then the Victorian Inn provides perfectly adequate accommodations. To be honest, this place is basic. It's a nice sized room that's clean and which has the core necessities. There's also a hot tub and a sauna. The included breakfast consists of cereal, fruit, yogurt, hot rolls, and coffee. Nothing fancy but enough to get you to an overpriced lunch on the mountain.

But let's face it, it's really the skiing that has brought you to Telluride. Why would you want to do anything else? So if plan to put your feet in it in the morning and stay on the mountain until 4 pm because all you really want to do is ski, then you'll be happy with the Victorian Inn. This place is not for everyone so consider your motivations for coming to Telluride - skiing, not che-che.

The Victorian is located one short block from the gondola and lift #8. You can hardly be closer. In the other direction, Victorian is also located just one short block from the town of Telluride's main drag where you'll find many of the restaurants, bars, and shops. Staying in the town beats the Mountain Village for it's authenticity and options.

The Victorian is also a very fair value. If you're skiing all day you don't demand much in the way of a room. Just a place to change your clothes. maybe get a soak, and rest your head. At the Victorian you get a nice room at a fair price. You won't feel like you're being gouged. The staff is a bit laid back but engaged enough to take your needs to heart. They are certainly pleasant and courteous.

I'll be staying at the Victorian next season.

Room Tip: Try to get a series 100 or 200 room. The series 300 rooms are actually ground/basement level and yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 429harrym
Hi Harry, thanks for the great review. We're always so pleased to hear from our guests who had a great time during their visit to Telluride and enjoyed the the true value of the Victorian Inn. Since exceptionally clean rooms, hearty continental breakfast, incredible location all delivered at a very affordable price is our hallmark, we thank you for recognizing and mentioning that. Today, when lodging is becoming more and more expensive, we at the Victorian Inn are committed to continue to provide you, and all of our guests, with a comfortable lodging experience at a very reasonable price. We are so very glad to hear that you will be staying with us again, and are looking forward to welcoming you back. And, if you think our skiing is great, visit Telluride in the summer Harry. I guarantee you'll be blown away by Telluride's magnificence. Thank you again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at The Victorian Inn in Telluride, CO (Feb. 25-March 1st) on a company retreat. When I checked in I was given room 229, which is the top floor of the Inn, any rooms starting with 3 are in the “basement” or lower level. The receptionist was very nice and got me checked in with no issues. I arrived at my room and found that the Victorian feel of this Inn stops at the lobby. It was a plain room with a queen size bed, small table and two chairs, dresser and TV (tube not flat screen). The room was just fine for me, as I was not sharing with anyone else. I also didn't mind the lack of décor since I wasn't planning on spending much time in my room.

The first night I realized that people in previous reviews were correct, the walls are paper thin. I could hear my neighbors through the walls and even though I was on the top floor I swear I could hear noises above me. You can also hear quite a lot through the doors of the room, meaning traffic and people walking the streets. The second night in the room the fire alarm went off in the hotel at about 6am, which was a bit of a rude awakening. Needless to say I did not sleep well while staying at this Inn.

The breakfast is from 8am – 10am, which is a little later that I would have liked. I was out there to ski and the first lifts open around 9am and I was taking the Gondola, which is only 2 blocks from the hotel, over to the Mountain Village side to ski. I usually liked to reach the Gondola by 8:30 which meant leaving the hotel by 8:15 so that I could pick up my gear and walk over there. (side note: my gear was stored at a house that my coworkers were staying at across the street, so it took me a little longer than average). It would have been great to have breakfast to start at 7:30 to make the timing better. On to the breakfast, do not expect much, they offered warm Oatmeal, yogurt, 3 different cereals, cinnamon rolls, coffee and orange juice. It works for a lot of people but after that first day I went to get my breakfast elsewhere (Baked in Telluride).

Overall this was a decent place to stay for the price; I believe we got it for $150/night, which in Telluride is not bad. However, if you can find more money in your budget I would consider alternatives, especially if a good’s night rest is important to you.

Room Tip: Rooms starting with a 2 are the top floor at the Inn, which could offer you better views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting the review of your recent stay at The Victorian Inn. First, we would like to apologize to you for our fire alarm going off at 6:00 am and disturbing your sleep. Unfortunately, we had recently installed a new alarm system, and clearly it was not dialed in correctly. We definitely understand how a blaring alarm provided you with a very rude wake up call, so beyond apologizing, we want to assure you that the situation has been corrected by our alarm company. And, to accommodate our guests, such as you, who want to get an earlier start hitting the slopes, we are now open for breakfast at 7:30 AM during the Winter and Summer seasons. We are glad that you found your room "fine for you", and that you recognized the value The Victorian Inn provides for affordable lodging in Telluride.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I spent three evenings in the Victorian and everything was great especially the location and the value. Approximately, 100 yards from Main Street and the same distance to the Gondola. The staff was very accommodating and the room was great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Team_Victorian_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you so much Robert for your wonderful review. We are thrilled you had a great three days in the beautiful town of Telluride and that you spent those three nights with us at the Victorian Inn. Your patronage was greatly appreciated and we hope to see you back again soon. In the meantime, safe travels!

Malibu, California
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have stayed at The Victorian Inn for the last four years...Always warm and welcoming and most helpful...if you let them know in advance they can get you lift tickets at a great price...the rooms are very comfortable and clean, the location is perfect...short distance to the Gondola, a block to main street and all the shops and restaurants...not my cup of tea but my friends that stay there say their cinnamon buns are "great"...and the price is great...what's not to like...If you are going to Telluride try The Victorian Inn...(perhaps I shouldn't be doing this...what if they're booked when I call for a reservation?)Enjoy your stay...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vicki S
Team_Victorian_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you Vicki for your very kind review, we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay. As always, it’s our pleasure to welcome you back to The Victorian Inn, and hope you will continue to enjoy all the wonders of Telluride with us for many years to come. Once again, thank for your patronage over the past four years Vicki, we look forward to seeing you again to celebrate your 5th anniversary with us . . . We’ll keep a room open for you!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Victorian is a wonderful, charming, comfortable, and clean inn. The service was friendly and excellent, to include care for the rooms, sauna and hot tub, complementary breakfast, etc. The rates were some of the most affordable in town, and the location is tough to beat: a central spot between the main street (shops, cafes, restaurants) and the lifts to the ski area, each just 1 block in opposite directions.

Room Tip: I believe there are 3 floors (sub, ground, and second, built into a hillside), most being accessed f...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We do thank you for your wonderful review James, we’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.
And, we very much appreciate you mentioning what we consider to be the Victorian’s true value to our guests, our clean, comfortable, affordable rooms that allow you to spend your vacation dollars on all the fun and good food to be experienced in the great town of Telluride. Thank you again James for staying with us, we’re happy to welcome you back anytime.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Our group ski trip in Telluride at the Victorian Inn was great as usual. The manager actual help carry luggage for several people in my group. The manager and assistant manager helped me several times over the phone with rooms, lift ticket distribution and minor problems that came up. It is a great place to stay in Telluride, and I plan to return next year with my group.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Team_Victorian_Inn, General Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you Jack for your kind message, and for selecting the Victorian Inn for the MOAA (Military Officers Association of America) members’ yearly ski trip for the 13th straight year. As always, it was a pleasure to host your amazing group and we're thrilled that you were pleased with your stay and that we will be seeing you all again next year. We’d also like to take a moment to thank you and your entire group for their sacrifices in service to our nation. Looking forward your next stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#6 of 11 in Telluride
The Inn at Lost Creek
The Inn at Lost Creek
#1 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to The Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!