“Great value!”
Review of The Victorian Inn

The Victorian Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and i stayed for one night and couldnt have been more pleased with the value of this room. The location is great and you can walk to eveything (and we did). The check in process was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. The room was extremely clean. The bed, although not as comfortable as home or as a luxury hotel, it was fine. To stay in Telluride for $99 a night is a great deal. As soon as we arrived, we walked to the gondola and took a ride to Mountain Village and back. We grabbed dinner at the Brown Dog (which we really enjoyed) and walked the town. This being my first time to Telluride, i was fascinated with the '70's feel, the history, and the fact that the main transportation was either by foot or by bicycle. And it is really safe. The next morning we woke up very early and were there when the Steaming Bean opened, enjoyed coffee and fresh pastries and then rode our bicycles through the town Loved this town and will certainly visit again. All in all, we were happy we chose to stay at the Victorian Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2012

very friendly front desk staff...nice hotel conveniently located one street behind downtown within walking distance to everything. rooms were clean and comfortable, affordably priced. No pool but they do have a hot tub out back.

Room Tip: we stayed in 335 which is half below ground - it was a small room but very nice and clean. very con...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed on July 29, 2012 for $85. Room 110 has a horrible mattress, one that you had to cling to the side to not fall into the hole. But the inn was clean, staff was nice, location in town was wonderful. Did not stay for breakfast as it did not start until 8 am. Office is closed from 9pm to 8am - no one around to see if we could change rooms. Would recommend the inn if you test the bed first not a motel for a phone booking.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of Aspen are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Don't even think of a cancellation. I tried to cancel a reservation the morning of my arrival due to not feeling well and being on a motorcycle. Not even an option. Their "no cancellation" policy varied from 24 hours to 72 hours. I was more than willing to pay a partial cancellation fee (it was a busy weekend and rooms were sold out in town anyway). I wasn't expecting to get a 100% refund on such short notice.
They were gracious enough to keep my money and will allow me to reschedule in the off season when I have absolutely no plans of going there in cold weather. Going back to the New Sheridan where I have ALWAYS had a nice experience.
Sorry Victorian Inn, but things happen and people need to cancel reservations from time to time. If I could have made it there I would have. The management attitude/policies are a real let down.

Room Tip: The New Sheridan Hotel on Colorado Ave has always been a great experience.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good place to stay, reasonably priced, excellent beds. Good location as quite central. Room was normal sized, bathroom was ok. Breakfast was nice with freshly cooked cinammon rolls being a nice addition to boring cereals. Only negative omment was when i checked in, the woman with a european accent seemed cold and uninterested. Barely looked at me as she was busy on the computer. She did her job but being in a very small town where everyone seemed so extra warm, she stood out. Locals greet you, limo drivers talk a lot. Such a personable town so if a servic person has a businesslike attitude, it becomes obvious. Rest of stay was good. Woman on check out compensated bt being super friendly- typical for telluride.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Wonderful Accommodations, Recommended by a Local, Affordably Priced, Good Breakfast, Very Friendly Staff, Clean, Comfortable Rooms, Free Parking, Fine for Families. Splendid Central Location, on Aspen Street, only one block from Main Street Restaurants and Shops, one block from the Gondola, and two blocks to the Market. I never drove the whole time I was in Telluride.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Me and my Wife went on our honey moon in Telluride and pick this place because of it was centrally located and that's about all it had. The people at the desk where rude and inpatient, we couldn't find a parking spot, and the bed in the room was falling apart and squeaky. Then to top it all off I use cash where ever I go and only use my credit card for things like reservation or unexpected events. In this case I used my card to reserve the room and pay for it. When I got home I found the day after using the card at the hotel someone has stolen my card number and using it!!!!! I don't have a picture of the lady at the front desk using my card number but it was the only charge I had that month and it to happen the day after I checked out...... :(

This place is no good! Find some where else to stay is all i can say.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the bottom level it’s a dungy basement atmosphere.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brandon M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#2 of 11 in Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#4 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to The Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!