“There is a Stone Church across the Street”
Review of The Victorian Inn

The Victorian Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Wonderful Accommodations, Recommended by a Local, Affordably Priced, Good Breakfast, Very Friendly Staff, Clean, Comfortable Rooms, Free Parking, Fine for Families. Splendid Central Location, on Aspen Street, only one block from Main Street Restaurants and Shops, one block from the Gondola, and two blocks to the Market. I never drove the whole time I was in Telluride.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Me and my Wife went on our honey moon in Telluride and pick this place because of it was centrally located and that's about all it had. The people at the desk where rude and inpatient, we couldn't find a parking spot, and the bed in the room was falling apart and squeaky. Then to top it all off I use cash where ever I go and only use my credit card for things like reservation or unexpected events. In this case I used my card to reserve the room and pay for it. When I got home I found the day after using the card at the hotel someone has stolen my card number and using it!!!!! I don't have a picture of the lady at the front desk using my card number but it was the only charge I had that month and it to happen the day after I checked out...... :(

This place is no good! Find some where else to stay is all i can say.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the bottom level it’s a dungy basement atmosphere.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brandon M
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Dishonest. I made a reservation by phone and asked about the cancel policy. I was told 48 hours. My husband had to have an unplanned surgery and I called to cancel 5 days before arrival. I was told they were going to keep $50.00 no matter what. When I explained that was not what I was told and I would not have done business with them on that basis, they told me I should have read the Internet. I have to work hard for my money and and don' t believe I should be panalized for the privilege of making a reservation with a hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Victorian Inn, and it was perfect for our needs. Don't expect a fancy hotel (and don't expect a Victorian atmosphere, either), but it provides what's necessary at a cost that is very reasonable (in the context of an expensive town). The staff members are very friendly and helpful. The room fans are effective (and A.C. isn't necessary in a town as high as Telluride). There is a convenient mini-fridge and a perfectly adequate tub/shower. There is an outdoor hot-tub on the premises and a continental breakfast is available in the lobby. The location is perfect: two blocks from the free gondola to Mountain Village and a block from "Main Street" near the center of town. One minor glitch: both last year and this year, I was unable to connect to the internet using my PC (and the repairman never answered the inn's call), but access worked perfectly on our iPad. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room near access to the hot tub. Rooms in the basement don't look inviting, so ask...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Don't expect the Ritz. The place is clean and good for spending the night and I'm sure it would be fine for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here one night on a tour around Southwestern Colorado. It was the most reasonably-priced place I could find in the vicinity of Telluride.

The room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was pretty cramped. It was within walking distance of anything you might want to do in downtown Telluride. I woke up early in the morning to the sounds of balloons ascending and descending in the surrounding streets. I went outside and enjoyed a cup of coffee while I took pictures of the balloons hovering above town.

The breakfast in the lobby was very minimal so I enjoyed a croissant on the street with my coffee.

Before I checked out I discovered the room window was open and had probably been open since I checked in. Had it not been for the clear sounds of the balloons and a nearby dog, I would not have known this. I never opened the curtains/drapes while I was there. That gave me a sense of panic knowing that I and my belongings were vulnerable during my stay. I wish they had either closed and locked the window, or told me it was open so I could decide for myself whether to open or close it.

All-in-all you can't beat the comfort and convenience for a place in or near Telluride.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Victorian Inn is one of several properties managed by Telluride Alpine Lodging. It seems their properties are very adequate and affordable. Victorian Inn is quaint and just 2 blocks from the free gondola, is a block off the main part of town so it's quiet and convenient. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, and well-maintained. Our room had a queen bed, small table and 2 chairs, long dresser, refrigerator, coat-hanging area, and hooks for gear. The bathroom lacked counter space, but was a nice size.

They serve a continental breakfast with hot cinnamon buns, cereal, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, tea, and milk from 8 - 10 am. Free parking is first come, first serve. We were able to park free on the street because we arrived after 6 pm Saturday and were there on a Sunday. We parked in their lot on Monday.

It was just what we were looking for--a comfortable place to sleep (good bed and pillows, quiet), pleasant staff, and convenient to what we wanted to do (and free WiFi). It encourages recycling and water conservation. It's also close to Baked in Telluride, a good place to eat. If you want to participate in outdoor recreation, I recommend staying in Telluride in the summer rather than Mountain Village (more expensive and not much to do other than resort activity in the hotels).

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level away from the street were quiet. One of the rooms is handicap accessible with l...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#2 of 11 in Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#4 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to The Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!