All reviewsquichecosmopolitan restaurantmountain villagein townmurphy bedboutique hotela true gemevery morningperfect locationbeignetsfresh fruitvisiting tellurideprime locationfree gondolathoroughly enjoyed our staypersonal servicesmall kitchen
Reviewed September 2, 2017

When I visited this past winter everyone said that I had to come back and experience summer in Telluride. So I did. Everyone should. My great experience on my first visit to the Hotel Columbia this past winter was not a fluke. The same personal service, really really nice people, pre-arrival information (thank you Christa), activity arrangements, and restaurant recommendations (Christa, again) were spot on during my second visit and made the stay totally enjoyable once again. They have a small staff, but each staff person I encountered over the winter remembered me this visit, without prompting. If you look over the reviews you'll note that Kate responds to nearly every one - that says a lot right there. This place is a find. Only question now is how many times to visit this winter. If you're coming to Telluride, strongly consider this property. Location, ambiance, and people. A winning combo. And, if you're coming to Telluride, do yourself a favor and STAY IN TOWN (like, at the Hotel Columbia). The charm and allure of Telluride is the quaint, charming, and cool town. Take advantage of it.

Room Tip: Room 21, Superior King. Ample size, facing west, nice small sitting balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Kate S, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Chris,
Thank you for such a great review of your experiences at the Hotel. We have certainly transcended the guest-hotel relationship and formed a friendship with you! Nothing beats that. We can only hope that you continue to visit us, and we can keep providing memorable vacations. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Kate

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel Columbia! The best property in town. Closest to the gondola and the best happy hour in town! The staff was amazing and made you feel like you were with friends! They knew everything
About town and the hikes. We shopped, happen to hit the
Blizzard sale in Mountain Center! Yeh! Rode the gondola, hiked the easy trails, and had a great dinner at the Corner house Grille. This is where the locals go and the Reuben is outstanding! We will be back to visit beautiful and friendly Telluride!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Sounds like you really got a "local" experience during your stay! We love making our guests feel like they are part of our amazing community. Please come back when you plan your next trip!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

As maid of honor they made my room close to bride and accommodated everything I or the bride needed. I have a service dog and they were so kind to her including treats at the front desk! I can't say enough how great this place is. I usually spend my wedding anniversary in Vail Colorado, at the Sonnenalp which has excellent service also and I haven't stayed anywhere close in Colorado til I stayed here! Some places just understand the experience is everything! Way to go keep it up!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kate S, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Woo hoo! We love hearing this kind of feedback - thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiasm about your recent stay. I hope we are able to spoil you on a future anniversary. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Columbia.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

The staff at Hotel made us feel right at home. They showed interest in our needs, wanting us to be happy with our stay. The property is beautiful and fits in well with the scenic nature of Telluride. Would highly recommend

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking the time to leave and review and give us a call when you are planning your next trip!

Reviewed August 19, 2017

The location, amazing staff, and fantastic restaurant make the Columbia an easy choice for anyone wanting to enjoy the best in Telluride. I would absolutely highly recommend the Columbia due to the quality of the facility and the genuine concern in enthusiasm of all of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review; and I am pleased to hear your high recommendations of our property. Please come visit again soon.