“Awesome room with a beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Columbia

Hotel Columbia
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“Awesome room with a beautiful view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Columbia for an extended ski weekend in early December 2009 with our beloved dog, Bella. The room was amazing! It had a gas fireplace, kitchenette, wi-fi, huge stone shower, hot tub on the balcony, and lots of windows that provided spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. In reviewing other posts, I had read that the close proximity to the gondola was a problem for some, but we didn't hear a thing all night and we slept wonderfully. The gondola was a huge bonus for us as it was only a few steps from the hotel and provided easy access to the ski slopes and restaurants.

Additionally, I cannot say enough about the friendliness and professionalism of the hotel staff. Scott, the hotel manager, even upgraded our room without us having to ask. Their free continental breakfast was fantastic as well. My husband and I both agree that we've never eaten fruit that was so delicious and flavorful. Moreover, there was always an abundant supply and a healthy selection of foods available, which was a pleasant surprise. The Cosmopolitan Restaurant is also well worth a meal out - it was tasty!

We would definitely recommend Hotel Columbia to anyone traveling to Telluride (especially if they're taking a pet along). It was an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

With 15" of fresh powder this week, I slipped-away to my favorite ski town anywhere on the planet . . . Telluride, Colorado. I decided to return to the Hotel Columbia and was elated with my decision. Since my last stay, the hotel has been fully renovated and it turned out absolutely perfect. The General Manager Scott, Assistant Manager Rhea, Shea and the rest of the staff treated me like a king. A daily breakfast was included in my package which consisted of incredibly fresh fruits, cheeses, an assortment of cereals, granola and yogurt, homemade muffins, juice, coffee and tea, and unbelievable homemade quiche and warm beignets that were just off the charts; a 5 star breakfast in my opinion. My room was lovely with a wonderful view of the mountain, creek and gondola which brings-up it's perfect location for skiers . . . just across the street . . . you don't get any closer. Wireless internet throughout the premises worked great. I had my own ski locker and parking spot. Cosmopolitan is the name of the restaurant at the Hotel Columbia and in my opinion, it is one of the three best restaurants in Telluride . . . to also include 221 Oak and Allred's.

My stay this week at the Hotel Columbia was remarkable and I plan to return as soon as possible for another ski get-away as well as some of the wonderful summer festivals. I can't imagine anything that could have made my trip better.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I can't say enough good things about the Hotel Columbia. My husband and I drove into town spontaneously early this month and went first to another hotel, which was booked. They recommended the Hotel Columbia. We were greeted warmly when we walked in and the experience was that way for the entire stay. The manager gave us our room keys and as we were walking down the street to get our car, he actually chased after us and gave us new room keys, telling us that one of his favorite rooms became available and he wanted us to have it. Amazing. The room was on the fourth floor, with a balcony and view of the mountain, with a living room and bedroom and small kitchen. Very nicely decorated, extremely clean, very comfortable bed, nice bathroom with steam shower. The location was perfect. Right in town, with the gondola directly across from the hotel. The breakfast in the morning is the best I have ever had at a hotel, and was far better than most restaurants I have been to. We also had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was outstanding. We will definitely return to stay here again and look forward to visiting them in the winter.

lyons, co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

We visited Telluride for the first time this October. We did not make prior reservations and so we stopped at the visitor's center and they recommended Hotel Columbia. What a find! It's located right at the base of the gondola station that takes you to Mountain Village, and it's so convenient to shops in Telluride as well. Fall seems to be a perfect time to visit, as the weather was great and the crowds were small and the hotel rates were reasonable. We felt like we got a great deal. The room was spectacular - clean and newly renovated with really nice amenities. I really appreciated the vanilla chapstick for my very dry lips. Very quaint decor with nice additions such as clawfoot bathtub and in floor heat in the bathrooms, heated towel racks and Keurig Coffee maker. We had a Murphy bed that was surprisingly comfortable, dining area, kitchenette, living area with comfortable chairs/couch and gas fireplace. The deluxe continental breakfast was fantastic and included in the price of the room. Meats, cheeses, fruit, cereal, pastries, quiche, fresh squeezed OJ. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Wish I could afford to stay during peak seasons. One of my favorite hotel experiences.

Plano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

Everything was perfect in our suite! The room was spacious and clean, with a great downtown view. The morning breakfast was yummy and had quite a number of selections. The staff was courteous and friendly, making our stay a most memorable vacation.

Great place and we'll definately return!
The Rackey's of Plano, TX

Cortez
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is a gem. The staff are great and the rooms are amazing. I stay here at the Columbia everytime I visit Telluride. The hotel is also pet friendly which is a plus in my book.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

We LOVED our stay at the Hotel Columbia a few weeks ago. We booked the day of, and got a great room ( i think it was room 25) at a great rate. Also, the hotel is pet friendly so we were able to bring our dog with us! The room was large, had a balcony, windows that opened (we hate being trapped without a way to get fresh air in the room) and the bed was very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to our friends and family visting Telluride.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#5 of 11 in Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#4 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!