Stayed for a business trip - first time in Telluride. Dog friendly hotel, gives it a very friendly feel; all amenities were lovely. Breakfast was wonderful, high quality food. Friendly and helpful staff.
Stayed in a corner suite (lots of windows and 2 balconies!) facing the gondola (which is right across the street), with kitchen, living room, and bedroom and 1.5 baths. The living room was a nice place for company informal gatherings, which was a nice, occasional alternative to going out - comfortably accommodated 9 people with the addition of a few of the dining room chairs. (There's a great liquor store and also a market close by, which is quite convenient if you want to bring in food and wine.) Highly recommended ... but there's a few things to know:
1) make sure you know how to use the keypad on the door to get in after hours. Ask to be shown - this wasn't straightforward and I almost locked myself out at 5 a.m. (staff doesn't arrive until later);
2) if you stay in a room facing the gondola, you WILL wake up when it starts at 6 a.m., and sometimes hear noise from people approaching the gondola (it's a busy spot);
3) the coffee pots in 3 different rooms in our party didn't work properly and shut themselves off before brewing - the staff cheerfully replaced these with working units, but my recommendation would be to test yours right away when you get into the room -- make a cup of tea to make sure it works; it's not fun to be coffee-less at the time I get up in the morning! ... I suspect this is a transient problem.
And just one minor critique of that magnificent suite - it was oddly lacking in drawer space. I would recommend to the hotel that they add one more bureau to the bedroom. It's OK for an overnight stay, but a bit tight for the luggage that comes with a 2+-night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Columbia is the perfect home base for your winter Telluride ski vacation, family retreat or summer in paradise.We are contemporary, yet timeless. Situated on the San Miguel River at the base of the world famous Telluride Ski Resort, we are within walking distance to all the restaurants, shops, and adventure that Telluride has to offer. The Hotel Columbia is proud to host Telluride's premiere restaurant, the Cosmopolitan.Our hotel delivers a new benchmark of personalized service with attention to every detail before, during, and after your stay. You will enjoy Telluride lodging at its finest in our hotel rooms and suites. We look forward to meeting you and showing you our spirit of hospitality in the Rocky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbia Hotel Telluride