“A good night sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Goodyear, Arizona
“A good night sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had the most amazing time at hotel Columbia in Telluride. The staff was friendly and very occomidating. The bed was so heavenly we never slept better. The town is so easy to get around and great walking. There is very little if any parking. That wasn't a real problem. We were given a list of all the vest places to eat, FYI you can't loose all the places have great food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I greatly enjoyed yet another stay at the Hotel Columbia in late February/early March 2013. You simply can't beat this quaint hotel when visiting Telluride. Of course, its location doesn't hurt......right across the street from the Gondola and only a couple of short blocks from downtown. But its the "attitude" of the Hotel Columbia, as embodied in its warm and caring staff, that brings us back time after time. You truly feel welcomed and cared for at every level. Combined with its intimate size, the place feels like a home away from home. We look forward to many return visits.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gooster
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had researched all the options in Telluride and decided on Hotel Columbia based on the reviews here and pictures. I went to their website and looked at room pictures. It appeared from the pictures and descriptions that every standard King room had a fireplace, great view and nice balcony. The rooms looked new and awesome, so I paid a little more to stay there versus some other options. To my disappointment, our room was old, dirty, no fireplace and a balcony we could barely get onto. We were only staying one night, so it wasn't worth complaining. I learned that only some of the rooms had been upgraded to the standard shown in the pictures on the website. Apparently, we did not luck out. Be sure to ask for a newer remodeled room when booking, and don't leave it to chance. Unfortunately, I did not know it was necessary to do so. This room should not have been the same price as a remodeled one. On the good side, the view was nice and the restaurant downstairs was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room and be specific about what you want, i.e. fireplace, balcony, etc.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank SandNSun704
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your stay at Hotel Columbia did not exceed your expectations.

As a small, boutique hotel, each room at Hotel Columbia varies slightly with regards to amenities and layout. We make every effort to depict our rooms accurately on our website. We share a variety of photos, floor-plans and descriptions including details such as “may feature a gas fireplace or balcony”. We always encourage our guests to call or email the Hotel if they have questions regarding one of our room types. Furthermore, we welcome our guests to request specific amenities that will allow them to thoroughly enjoy their stay.

The Hotel Columbia underwent a complete remodel in 2008. ALL of our rooms and suites were renovated with updated room layouts, fresh and modern bathroom configurations, new furnishings, window covering and soft good. We apologize that you feel the room you stayed in was not the same standard as the images represented on our website. In addition, the Hotel Columbia will be re-carpeting in the fall of 2013 to ensure that the we maintain the high standards that our guests have come to expect and we strive to uphold.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the Cosmopolitan Restaurant and the views of the Telluride Ski Resort and San Miguel River seen from your room.

Please except our sincerest apology for not exceeding your expectations. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Columbia the second week of March. Check in was very quick and easy. We had a suite that faced the gondola and mountain. Spectacular views from our room. Telluride mountain is stunning! Waking up in the morning and seeing that majestic mountain is priceless.

Our suite was very spacious and featured a separate bedroom, living room, kitchenette and two baths (one half bath) and a gas fireplace. Our particular room had two separate decks. The furnishings were newer and very nice.

We did find the bed to be on the soft side. The master bath itself was small and featured a shower only. This was disappointing to us as we didn't have a bath or a hot tub in our room (nor does the hotel have a hot tub - which is unusual at a mountain resort property). However, the floors in the bath were heated and there was a towel heater as well. These were nice touches.

We had some issues moderating the temperature in our room. It was either way too hot or way to cold. There was a dramatic difference in temperature in the living room areas. These rooms are not centrally heated/cooled. Often we'd have to prop open the deck door off the bedroom so we could sleep as it was so hot. The only other disappointment for us is that there is no spa facility at this hotel. I had to go to a different property in order to get a massage.

The hotel itself has some nice touches. They offer coffee/tea in the room. Downstairs in the lobby area, they also offer tea/water. There is a fantastic restaurant in the hotel called "Cosmopolitan." We had dinner there the first night and it was excellent. There is a vibrant bar scene there as well during happy hour, where they offer half price appetizers and discounted beverages. Highly recommended!

All in all it was a very good experience. The location can't be beat! The staff is very friendly and helpful and this hotel is conveniently located next to the gondola.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in Hotel Columbia from April 2nd through 5th in 2013, while I was skiing in Telluride
at the last week of the season. The reason I'm writing this review is that I wanted to share some of my great experiences while staying here - especially about staff members.

The staff is really super and very accommodating; once I got little bruise and cut on my arm while skiing, and I thought it would be nice to get some medical treatment. Rhea (general manager) was so nice and let me use some of the stuff in medicine box at the front desk.
Also, I left my laptop power adapter at the room when I checked out the hotel, but I was already at home by the time I realized it. So I called them up to see if there is any way I can get it back, and Mindy (one of the staff members) was kind enough to find and mail it back to me!

Aside from great service you can get in this hotel, everything else is also very satisfactory including reasonable price range, great breakfast, its proximity to one of the ski lifts and the gondola, little touch of details in bathroom, easy walk to the downtown, and so on. I do strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Finally, Telluride is a truly amazing place - no word or picture or video can do justice, you gotta be here! - and also a very unique and friendly town, which I consider to be different from Aspen or Vail. I'm glad that I stayed in this hotel and skied in Telluride, and I would definitely do it again if I get a chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

From the moment we checked in we had wonderful service. Everything went so smoothly. We entered our room to find a bottle of wine with a congratulatory note, the hot tub already heated up, and robes ready to go. We loved the little touches: the heated towel rack, the fireplace, the stocked fridge (with inexpensive pricing), and the extremely comfortable bedding. The location was ideal for our trip: you could literally throw a rock and hit the free gondola that takes you to mountain village (where all the ski lifts are). We were within a two minute walk from all the great restaurants in town, and a little market for snacks. The restaurant downstairs, the Cosmopolitan, is incredible. The free breakfast could not have been any better, steak and cheese, smoked salmon, bagels, different pastries every morning, quiches, cereal ,hot coffee etc. The service was amazing and we will absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the hot tub room- so worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan B
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel for the second time, and both times have been wonderful. The staff is awesome and very accommodating. The location is amazing. Rooms are beautiful as well as the views! My favorite hotel in Telluride. Also the restaurant downstairs is delicious and a fun scene at night. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends