“Siam Delivers on All Fronts”
Review of Siam

Siam
Ranked #8 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed June 5, 2014

As a Telluride Local, I just love Siam. In my humble opinion, it's the best Thai food not only in the area, but it compares very favorably to the wonderful food I had when visiting Bangkok.

1  Thank Jberkowitz
There are newer reviews for Siam

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was not expecting this in Telluride...not at all...but I had heard good things...so me and two buddies headed to Siam. Totally walkable, but a bit off the main drag in town. Actually the place is in a residential area and in what used to be somebody's house. So the dining area is small...who cares. Call ahead, be nice on the phone and they might take care of you with getting your name on the list and actually call you like they did for us if the table opens up early.

We ordered a bunch of apps...and while they were running low on just about everything (was the last night of dinner for the season) everything they served was well done.

On to the main courses...

I had this crazy dish that came lit on fire. Did I choose the usual chicken, beef or shrimp? Nope. Crispy duck! And it was so good the guys all knew I ordered the best thing at the table. Portion was massive.

Order your food medium. One guy ordered it spicy and could barely eat it.

Seriously--great food--great friends--in a great town--that's what its all about. Cheers.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very good - definitely on the list when in Telluride aside from Honga's - my #1 favorite. Appetizers were amazing, menu vast with selections and we chose to ask the wait staff for their recommendations for house specialities. Right on the money. I like hot but have stayed on the side of mild for ordering so as not to get it too hot. I should have gotten medium - don't be afraid. Great little spot, small, intimate, busy but very pleasant dining.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was local to where we stayed and had lovely food, less lovely was the chaotic queuing system, why the do not have a booking system for such a popular place is a real mystery, but waiting for a hour put us off going again. We did go to the Siam Talay on the hill, but this is more expensive for much the same thing.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This tiny converted house into Thai restaurant proved to be quite the fun experience. They do not take reservations, so you must call ahead or walk in the day or dining at 2pm when I was there to put your name in for call ahead seating. By 2:10 the list was 15 parties long. While we put in for 6 oclock, the restaurant called about 5:30 advising to come in at 6:15 as there is very little waiting or bar space. That was appreciated.

Our group of six found ourselves in the back table with a view int the tiny kitchen (through an old counter to kitchen pass through wiindow of the converted house). It was quite an incredible view watching the 3 main Thai women cooks/chefs working fearlessly at the woks, stoves, ovens and anything else they were doing back there with the efficiency of short order cooks, grace of ballet dancers, and tenacity to flawlessly perform there tasks at hand. Considering the extensivenes and varied array of the menu which went on for pages of Thai and other Asian delights from which it was hard to choose as it all looked succulent, I would say that these three women were amonst the great culinary masters of out time.

The food came out altogether for each of the six of us and it was quite succulent for everyone. From seafood to meats to game to poulty in every Asian style for appetizers and dinners alike, everything for everyone was delectable.

Some advice: Study this menu before you arrive to help narrow your selections. You will have some very difficult choices especially if you don't like sharing which is recommended her.

A must return when visiting Telluride!