“Very relaxed atmosphere”

Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Food was half great half returned for too much cumin or overcooked and wine selection was one here and one there all of the meat selections were pretty much great

Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I were just driving around and exploring the area when we happened upon Devils Thumb Ranch. We decided to try Heck's and we were absolutely delighted.
We dine out extensively, but I have to say the lamb I had at Heck's was the tastiest meal I've ever had at a restaurant. (I thought about it for a long time before I decided to make that statement).
Our server Holly did an absolutely lovely job.
The chocolate croissant bread pudding was amazing and we followed it up with S'mores and coffee outside at the fire pit. Heck's supplies the complimentary makings.
IT WAS GREAT! Spectacular mountain setting off the beaten path. Beautiful and mountains appropriate facility. Check out everything they have to offer at their website.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We've been going to Heck's for about a year now. We love the atmosphere and the stories from the wait staff about the Devil's Thumb and the surrounding ranch area. Last summer the happy hour was outstanding: Wonderful service, excellent food, and a good value over all. During ski season we only went two or three times. It was very crowded, service was spotty, and the happy hour food choices were not very good. We recently returned with a group of friends to see how things are progressing. We were seated quickly, the service was absolutely excellent, but again the food was disappointing. If you're looking for stunning views, a beautiful location, and great ambiance -- try out Heck's. If you're really hungry, try one of the other nearby restaurant gems.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the setting, the food and the service was exemplary. We weren't staying at Devil's Thumb Ranch, but didn't feel "excluded" from the guests. The hamburger is made from top notch beef and the chocolate croissant bread pudding was to die for!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Sorry that the night we ate at Hecks the food was poor to fair. Must have been the chefs night off. The risotto was so over cooked it tasted like mush. Service OK but arriving on a slow night since we did not have a reservation the hostesses made us wait as she put our information into the computer. With only two other tables served that night was this necessary? Hopefuly for Hecks it was a bad night. After reading other reviews we went out of our way to eat at Hecks. Win some lose some.

1  Thank Frank S