“Great food beautiful setting”

Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great food and beautiful place, but beware when it gets busy it is pure chaos because how it is set up. Need to have a bar upstairs

There are newer reviews for Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My fiance and I had brunch here during our stay for the Thanksgiving holiday and had the most AMAZING Mexican scramble and french toast. (He ordered the scramble and I had the FT. As much as I loved my meal I was a little jealous of his).

The view from the restaurant was gorgeous and the fire place in the entryway was perfectly cozy and inviting. The service was also great so we had no complaints whatsoever.

Thanks again, DTR for making our brunch experience so wonderful!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is my favorite 'treat' when in the winter park area. The setting is stunning and you will enjoy a 180 degree mountain view. The patio and fire pit are a perfect way to enjoy the outdoors. Definitely check out the happy hour for live music, the biggest $2 beers and discounted snacks.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Loved the ranch. Didn't care much for Heck's food. Loved the look and comfort of the restaurant. The food just wasn't that good.

3  Thank Lives4Travel
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The restaurant setting on this massive ranch is almost exactly like Timberline Lodge in Oregon. Massive timbers, 40-5o ft high stone 360 degree fireplace. Absolutely beautiful. The good thing is their service (Jennifer) and quality of food was also fantastic. I normally don't write those praises but the waitress really knocked herself out for us, was quite personable, and made the dinner enjoyable.

The one negative: The wedge salad was $10 and frankly, they provided about a 1/4 to 1/5 of the normal size wedge I have experienced countless times over elsewhere. The rest of the food, again, was fantastic in both price and portion, and quality.