“Good drinks and appetizers”

Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The drinks were good and the appetizers were great (empanadas and tater tots). The entree was okay and mine was served a little cold so I sent it back and it came back just barely lukewarm. I didn't send it back the 2nd time since my other party was almost done with their entree so that could have been better. A great atmosphere and fire pit outside was nice with great views!

There are newer reviews for Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My dear sister treated me to lunch at Heck's Restaurant at DTR, and thank goodness we decided to share a sandwich, because their Rueben is as large as it is delicious. I've been a lover of Ruebens for many years, and since having Heck's version.....its the only one I'll eat. Seriously. Its that good.
All the staff in the restaurant were super friendly, too. I felt like they had been just waiting to see me, they were so welcoming.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The architecture of Heck's is truly inspiring.
I've eaten Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at Heck's as well as had happy hour.
All of the food has been very good.
Service at times has been slow, but I think that may be part of the relaxed ranch style.
Good bar with a nice happy hour.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I loved this restaurant! It's a great place for the family, for a romantic evening, even for a party or special event. How is that possible? The room is large enough to accomodate any occasion, with intimate nooks and crannies infront of a fire place or over either looking the most breath taking views.
I had my first beer-pairing at Heck's and it was really delicious. It was priced right and I actually learned a lot from our knowledgeable waitress. The dessert beer was particularly enjoyable with the chocolate desert, never thought that was possible! Even if your not a big beer drinker, you can order wine and the food is just as tasty. It was really fun experience!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The appetizers were good, but the portion size was so small it was a joke. My wife had the soup of the day which came in a large bowl with such a small portion again that it too was a joke. The appetizer was $8 and the soup was $10. Because of the small portion size, even if they had been half price, which they were not, they would have been overpriced. My wife commented that she should have just refused her soup based on the unacceptable portion size and at least we wouldn't have been charged. We let our waiter know we were disappointed when he asked but it didn't matter. I don't know why he even bothered to ask.