“Awesome breakfast!”

Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast sitting by the fireplace in Heck's Restaurant with a view out onto the ski trails. I really loved the Ham Hock Green Chili Eggs, which had just the right amount of spice, succulent ham and ranch beans, and it was all served over polenta. A nice gluten-free option, and a surprising alternative to the typical huevos rancheros.

My husband really enjoyed the veggie omelette, which didn’t skimp on the veggies or the feta cheese.

We also ate dinner at Heck's the night before. The butternut squash soup was flavorful and the salads were very fresh. I enjoyed the Maji-maji mango tostada that had plenty of yummy guacamole. (It could have used a little more of the mango in it, and I wasn’t wild about the deep-fried flour tortilla, but I enjoyed it just the same.)

There are newer reviews for Heck's at Devil's Thumb Ranch

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I ordered the specials of the day, unbeknownst to us the meals were twice the amount of the most expensive item on the menu. At $40 an entree we would have expected something more than this very average meal. Not to mention the vegetable medley served with the meal was undercooked. Atmosphere and service were fine but we will probably not dine here again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I (a nutritionist) went to 'Heck's' restaurant at the Devil's Thumb Ranch and had a wonderful dinner! Food is really important to me and everything I ate was so flavorful and fresh. The staff were genuinely friendly and the service was outstanding. Sometimes when you go out to eat everything seems rushed from one course to the next. I felt that they paid just enough attention to the transition of courses. Will come back again for that buttery lobster, soo yummy!

Thank you it was delish!

Rachel S.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a late lunch here after skiing and it was delicious. At the recommendation of the waiter I ordered the reuben sandwich which was outstanding on rye bread. I think the difference was the carmelized onions - they added just a hint of sweetness to the sandwich. I didn't want the fries as a side and the waiter suggested a side salad. I expected the standard garden salad but this was so much more! Fresh mixed greens, yellow and purple small tomatoes, roasted beets and green beans! Yum! My husband had the smoked chicken pasta which he said was very good. W've eaten here on the past and it is always excellent - both the service and the food.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wow - someone told us to go here because of their happy hour. They weren't kidding. We went here two times during our week in nearby Winter Park. Sat by a roaring fire in comfortable leather chairs with a unbelievable view out all the windows. It was only surpassed by excellent service, featured appetizers were value priced and house wine and select beers were $2-$3? Unheard of! Beautiful resort & spa location not far from the main highway - this place was amazing.