“Big time food in small town”
Review of Tabernash Tavern

Tabernash Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Tabernash Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash featuring the creations of internationally renowned Chef Alberto Sapien. The Tabernash Tavern features a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list as well as craft beers from around the world!
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Excellent steaks and wild game. My husband declared his pork chop the best one he'd ever had. It was so thick it probably would have been 2 servings at most restaurants. The atmosphere and food are unexpected for such a small town and a nice change from the après ski places nearby in Winter Park. If you are staying in WP or Fraser, a trip to Tabernash is well worth the short drive. Reservations are a must. This place has been full every time we've visited, even on weekdays.

There are newer reviews for Tabernash Tavern

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've always wanted to eat here on our way back to Denver. This night we had time and stopped to have a light bite. We didn't order drinks (duh, we were driving) and were treated with disgust by our waiter. Since we weren't eating heavy we ordered the appetizers and salads...apparently another no-no. We received no bread, no service from our waiter (other staff brought our food) and so-so food that we waited a long time to get. They brought the wrong salad and when I did get my salad the beets were half frozen. Needless to say, we will never be back again. As city people we expect better service.

1  Thank Valormom42
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We come to WP every year. Sometimes bring the kids, and sometimes it is just the hub and I. This restaurant is really good. Some of the reviews on here that are for not getting good food are in my opinion an unusual occurrence. The 5+ times I have been here the food is always good and the atmosphere is very Colorado rustic charm. However, I would say that the couple times I have brought my small children, I am not greeting with warm smiles. They do have a children's menu but it's very pricey if you have little kids who don't eat alot anyways. I would say this place is better suited for a date night, adults, or older children.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were in Granby a day early for a wedding and arrived in the min-afternoon. We had passed the Tabernash Inn on our way in, and it looked interesting but empty sitting right on the north side of US 40 in the small town of Tabernash, We called for a reservation (970-726.4430) and it turned out to be a good thing we did as the restaurant was hosting a large wedding party and we were seated in the bar. What a pleasant surprise the restaurant had a great mix of beef, elk, mussels, and Latin dishes. We had an appetizer of lamb ribs that was fantastic. Perfect for a light meal. For dinner we had "Mussels Five Ways" grilled and seared with five distinct sauces prepared by Chef Alberto, and "Salmon Au Poivre" flambeed in a green peppercorn cream. Appetizers were in the $10-20 range, salads $4-12, and entres $21-36. Our bill was around $100, plus tip. The service was good, and we did not notice any delay getting our meal, despite the large wedding party dining at the same time.

When we made our reservation, we were asked if we wanted to sit high or low. I thought that meant upstairs or downstairs, when we were seated, the height of the tables are different, and the high tables have bar stools for chairs. We opted for sitting at the bar.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was on the last few days of a solo road trip all over the Rockies and had a hotel reservation in Granby (about 11 mi north). Anyway, it was just dusk and this little place caught my eye. They were packed, but was immediately seated at the beautiful zinc bar. Had several small plates, one of which was the best little loin lamb chops I've ever had. I'm doing the same trip next summer and already am planning to stop here. A little gem.