“Great variety, well executed flavors”
Review of Tabernash Tavern

Tabernash Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Tabernash Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash featuring the creations of internationally renowned Chef Alberto Sapien. The Tabernash Tavern features a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list as well as craft beers from around the world!
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tabernash Tavern was recommended by wait staff at other local restaurants, so we had to try it. It did not disappoint. The menu selection was creative. Our food was delicious with creative combinations and very well presented.
The service was excellent. I would recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Tabernash Tavern had a great atmosphere and the presentation of the food was very nice. We ordered the Brie appetizer and it was delicious. I have become a big fan of Ahi tuna and ordered it for my entree. What I received was a big chunk of fish that was burned on one side and the rest was not even warm. I ate one bite and could not stomach another. My friend ordered the Salmon topped with king crab. She said the salmon was good but did not find the sides at all appealing.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is truly a gem in an area otherwise known for mediocre restaurants. The food is really outstanding, and the ambiance ambiance of the restaurant is intimate, casual and classy. The only reason this didnt get 5 stars is that the service still needs a tiny bit of work. The service has significantly improved over the years since it opened (and much better than some prior reviews here have indicated), but they need just a tad more polish. If they address that, I'll definitely change my review to 5-stars.

Not only the best food in grand county, but some of the best food I've had anywhere.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had the daily special which was spare ribs. They were very filling and very tasty. We ate in the bar where the noise level was a little loud, but the atmosphere was good.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

You wouldn't expect to find a menu this creative deep in the mountains. I've been here several times since the chef moved here from Winter Park and I have never been disappointed. You can
usually find something you've never had before and the wine pairings are spot on. We used to have the Ranch House at Devil's Thumb at the top of our list (and it does have great atmosphere), but Tabernash has the best food and is a better value.