“Colorado's finest, excellent lodging, 5 star food and extrememly beautiful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa

and 1 more site!
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
Boulder, Colorado
“Colorado's finest, excellent lodging, 5 star food and extrememly beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Devil's Thumb Ranch is one of my favorite locations in the entire world for relaxing and taking in beautiful Colorado! This resort is where it is at in terms of Eco! Don't worry though as you will not feel that you are missing out as the resort is also 5 star! The new, recently built rooms fit into the environment and are aesthetically gorgeous. There is a variety of food from casual dining to 5 star (which is also casual). I really can't say enough about this resort except that I am very lucky to own a property close by!

Don't miss out on the following: happy hour (probably the best in the state), horseback riding, hiking, biking, swimming, the zip line (so much fun) and relaxing while taking in the scenery. In the winter the cross country skiing is world class and the sleigh ride is fun for families!

I am very lucky as I travel often but I must say there is really not much better than Devil's Thumb Ranch. :)

Devil's Thumb Ranch is great for couples, families, weddings and parties!

I have been to Devil's Thumb Ranch maybe 50 times and I have never been disappointed!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had a two night stay at DTR in April, and have to say it was one of the best trips I've taken in CO so far. From the initial reservation to the last hour of my stay, it was fantastic. Ms. Keeler did a phenomenal job in making the reservation and check in process painless. I was using this trip in celebration of my birthday, and I had a very nice welcome amenity awaiting me when I checked in. Nick, the doorman was incredibly pleasant; Brian was stuck being my server twice in one day but was so nice and attentive. The room was beautiful; Heck's food was delicious; the spa was wonderful (thank you, Marilyn!) and Anthony and Nikki at the stables were very personable.
What I noticed specifically at this property is the consistency that the staff demonstrated. There wasn't a lapse in service or attitude at any outlet. It left a very good impression, and I can't wait to go back when the weather is a little nicer! Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Midland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

We made the first visit to DTR 3-months before our wedding for a weekend get-away and Wedding Tasting Event. The pictures of this venue do not do the million dollar view justice! The drive along Hwy 40 and entrance into DTR include scenery equally as beautiful. The resort, food and accommodations are fantastic. No buyers remorse from us, we are very much looking forward to celebrating our big day at this spectacular venue!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaytonMel2357
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our family has gone to the ranch annually for the last couple of years and are planning another trip this summer. Our kids enjoy the independent play in the kids camp with arts and crafts, hiking, biking, etc. We have taken advantage of that time to do some more strenuous hikes with adults only. During our last trip we were able to have some time at the spa as well. The indoor/outdoor pool is not crowded and our kids enjoy it. I think it is a little small though. The restaurant is OK, but we typically go into town for dinner. The kids love making smores at the fire pit and it is just beautiful to sit out and enjoy the view out there.
Last time we were there they were finishing construction on a new building set to house quite a few new rooms and have space for larger events. I am a little concerned to see how that impacts the trip when we go back....but we'll definitely be coming back to enjoy Colorado's great outdoors in this luxury space.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The experience starts with your drive down Highway 83. The views are incredible and they get even better as you pull into the ranch. From the moment you step into the front entry way, you are swept away into another world, it's a cross between "rustic" and "luxury" if there is such a thing. The atmosphere is so cozy and inviting. It makes you take it back a notch and relax, taking it all in. The food is amazing and there is a little something for everyone (including my picky eating kiddos). Happy hour was the best we've seen in the area. Combine that with smores out on the back deck and we were one happy family. The staff and servers were courteous and made us feel right at home even though we weren't staying the night. Next time, we'll be staying here for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I typically stay in the cabins, (so our pooch can join us) they overlook the valley with spectacular vistas. Our perfect day consists of walking the trails by day, then relaxing at the spa and sauna/pool area, for dinner we enjoy a glass of wine and a great meal at the tavern, after that, cozy up in our luxurious cabin with the fireplace lit... Perfect!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were not able to stay over, but spent a beautiful day at DTR. My family wanted to go snowshoeing, and we decided we would try the trails here. It was one of those beautiful, bluebird sky Colorado days! The trails were nicely groomed, and the views of the surrounding mountains were just amazing. The staff in the shop was very friendly, and helpful with providing info on the trails. After an enjoyable hike, we refreshed ourselves at Heck's. The fire was blazing and the beers were cold, exactly what we needed to relax and unwind. Hopefully next time we will be able to stay over and take advantage of all the recreation offered at this beautiful resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabernash
Wild Horse Inn
#4 of 25 in Winter Park
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 15 in Winter Park

Been to Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!