“Consistently Good”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times. Alone with my wife, with my kids, etc. It's always clean, comfortable, quiet. It is always surprising to have such a nice place out in basically the middle of nowhere. I'd recommend it. The breakfast is nice. The staff is always very friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sundowner06108, General Manager at Best Western Sundowner, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your awesome review. I'm so glad that you've had great experiences with us - and that my staff has treated you well. Thanks again,

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We've hit up multiple interstate hotels, motels on recent trip - this was a good one. Easy access on/off interstate, plenty of parking and staff friendly/accommodating. Room was very nice, spacious, bed comfy and bathrooms clean. Our room had outside access, with sliding door for fresh air which is not the norm for hotels/motels. Really good price, too!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stopped here on our way home.. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly.. They probably could of used a little more help.. Overall though no issues.. It's right off the Hwy which was convenient.. We went to a Sports Bar to eat called Gallagers Riverside Grill I believe.. Nice place with real good food.. Since we were just stopping to rest and have a good breakfast which was part of the stay not a bad experience at all.. Just a little higher cost then most with NO more amenities..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sundowner06108, Front Office Manager at Best Western Sundowner, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad that everything went smoothly during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy a nice meal at River City Grill while you were in town - it is a local favorite! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

After working in hotels for some time now I was more impressed with the Sundowner than most other places I have worked/stayed. Here for business, stayed almost a solid 2 months on and off. It was amazing. The staff is very welcoming, friendly, helped with anything they could. House keepers are friendly, very respectable when I was in the room while they cleaned. The breakfast ladies are great and keep everything well stocked during breakfast hours. The rooms are spacious and very clean, modern, nice updated appliances. My room had a separate balcony which was nice accompanied with patio furniture. I very much enjoyed having the indoor pool and workout room. The little things really caught my eye. They have a small shop for any bathroom needs or if you have a sweet tooth, prices reasonable. Over all it is a wonderful place to stay for a long amount of time or just over night. If in Sterling this is the place to stay! And the fresh baked cookies at the front desk were a big plus as well!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review, Tayler! I am glad you found your stay to be such a nice one while it was your home away from home! It was a pleasure having you here with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice for the value. Excellent staff who were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and pretty. We had our dog with us and they greeted her with a special care package. It was a great lay over place on our way to Denver.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the staff treated you and your dog well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

It started with the sign that indicated they had recently remodeled. In fact it was true, and tastefully done. I was greeted by an elderly gentleman in a suit and tie. Upon entering my room, I found a nice little art deco style in the room. Very nice and clean, show head is modern and powerful. Breakfast was good. Thank you for a nice place to stay in Sterling Colorado.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sundowner06108, General Manager at Best Western Sundowner, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our "new" hotel - renovations took a while but I think were well worth it. I'm so glad you had a nice stay and I hope to see you again in the future - thanks!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

A year ago this hotel was under a foot and a half of flood water. You would never know! We always enjoy our stay here, especially when Angel or Kathie are on the front desk. Great people, great rooms, awesome breakfast, easy on and off I-76.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sundowner06108, Front Office Manager at Best Western Sundowner, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for sticking with us through the rough times the Colorado flooding brought. Our renovation crews worked hard to ensure we can continue to offer the quality that our guests have come to expect. Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to leave us such a kind review!