“Very clean and comfortable, stay here!”

Best Western Sundowner
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed 07/08/12. I was traveling alone (our first solo trip without my husband), with my four children and checked in around 11 pm. I called ahead to make the reservation when I was in Denver & asked a lot of questions about the property. Angel took my call, answered every question, and reserved my room. I asked about the age of the hotel & she explained the property was built in the seventies and had been renovated and even had a wing added over the years. I was expecting a nicer, older, clean property after the reviews that I read but the cleanliness of the very updated room we got was out of the park. The extra linens we ordered were promptly delivered and packed in sanitary bags. The tv remote was the new "clean" remote. Everything was super comfortable. My older children (ages 14 & 16) kept repeating how clean the room was-- we have stayed in several hotels this summer. The staff was so very friendly. Angel even stayed late so that she could check us in because I was concerned about my requests being passed along to the next person on duty. All concern I had was completely gone when I met the next woman on duty who was just as great as Angel. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, the breakfast was a typical variety hot breakfast, and the location off the highway was convenient. After reading all of the reviews for the other Sterling hotels (yucky Comfort Inn next to prison), checking the bed bug registry (shame shame Ramada Inn), and staying here... The is the ONLY place to stay in Sterling. The only down note-- there is no elevator, so if you need a 1st floor room, call early. Angel offered me a 1st floor room so that loading and unloading with my kids would be easier, but they also have back doors that open to the parking lot. Had I been traveling with my hubby, this would have been great. Traveling alone, I wanted an indoor entrance only to our room. That said, angel helped us carry our luggage up the stairs ((( repeat, she was off shift))). We finished our trip staying two more places, and this was STILL the best.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aimee C
There are newer reviews for Best Western Sundowner

Reviewed June 29, 2012

6/5/2012
Arrived to a friendly front desk clerk that provided instructions for dinner that night. Our room was on the ground floor and located in the back of the building which was nice and quiet, easy to unpack the car as well. The room was large, clean, and well equipped with everything we needed. The bed was wonderful to sleep on.

The morning coffee and breakfast area was large and well equipped, the day maid “Maria” was wonderful in keeping the supplies filed and fresh. This was the best breakfast I have had at a hotel. Not the typical continental waffle and reheated eggs. You simply don’t want to go anywhere else for breakfast with this located so close and convenient.

When checking out the hotel staff was friendly and provided answers to all of our questions about the area. I can’t say enough about “all” the hotel staff that made our trip and overnight stay so pleasant.

I would never hesitate to stay here while in the area or on a road trip.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms in the back are easy to use and very quiet. Don't miss breakfast!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here with our two dogs, who were really welcomed -- we got treats for them and a clever little poo-poo bag holder that clips to your leash upon check-in! The hotel is clean, the rooms are large and it all looks new and/or recently redone. Only disappointment for our crew was that we arrived during a thunderstorm so no one got to swim in the inviting-looking indoor and outdoor pools. The breakfast bar was well-maintained also.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FontanaBananas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was not expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, comfortable and updated rooms. The king bed was comfortable with good bedding, not a questionable bedspread. Flat screen TV, micorwave, small fridge and coffee maker were very nice additions. My only complaints are no elevator and the wi-fi was nearly non existant in my room, but great in the lobby. While staying here I drove past some of the other lodging options and the BW-Sundowner is far and away the best choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and our room had a lot of space. Breakfast was good. This was our first stay. We go to Sterling every year and will be staying at this motel from now on.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rita W
Reviewed May 21, 2012

No compliants: clean, friendly service, a very "new" feel.

Room Tip: It is across the street from the prison...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vicki0215
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very clean, comfortable, and updated. The staff was very nice and alert at 3:00 AM when we arrived. As we travel through the area yearly we often stop in Fort Morgan but we will be staying in Sterling now.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family