“High prices, average to bad service”

Village Inn on 4th St
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have eaten here so many times and keep being disappointed. Used to be good for take out dinner, although too expensive for what it is. Food is slow to arrive, they have rarely gotten my sit-down order correct (altho take out salads were fine), and the last time (which will be the last time) the manager on duty when I ordered my take out was rude and got it wrong. Not worth the hassle, especially for the price.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I felt like I had gone back into a bad dream in the 1960s...positive side of this restaurant was ... one immediately saw wonderful looking desserts; and was shown to our booth. Flies were everywhere!!! The menu lays out lots of choices....sadly the menu pictures were delightfully making my taste buds wait with anticipation...that was the last positive entry. Waited forever for the meal of Rueben Sandwich & cup of beef vegetable soup with side salad. ...Sandwich was lots of sauerkraut with one third deli thin slice of meat; could not eat the salad ... the greens were old and bruised and slimy; soup was uneatable. I had to literally track down the waitress in order to place an order for dessert. Friends settled for eating their meals. I could not relax because I was literally being bite by flies from the time I entered the restaurant until retreating to the car....I will never go there again....

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Traveling across Colorado, we were lucky enough to discover this nice family restaurant. Village Inn is a regional chain, but operates more like a local place, friendly staff, fresh food well prepared.
We looked for other Village Inns as we traveled back to NY, found one in Omaha. Also very good.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped here for a respite and were pleased to find that they had free wi-fi to help us in our search for lodging. The food was a disappointment, however. The service was quick. I ordered fish and chips, my spouse ordered seafood platter. We both found that the fish was very greasy. When you cut into the fish and grease oozes out of the breading, it is very unappetizing. The server confirmed that there had been problems that day. The portions were generous. We had arrived late in the evening, when there were few customers. I found the banter and loud chit-chat between the employees unprofessional. When my husband went to use the restroom, he reported that the urinal was broken, and the stall was a disgusting mess.