“Good variety and good food”

Gallagher's River City Grill
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the range of choices on the menu. One of our party was able to get Elk while I had a burrito and another had penne pasta. All of our meals were well prepared and very good. Prices for the entrees are a bit on the high side considering that sides are extra.

There are newer reviews for Gallagher's River City Grill

Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you are craving a salad this is the place for you!! They have a whole page to chose from. I had the Greek salad with grilled chicken and it was delicious! My boyfriend had the little Popeye salad and loved it.The salads are huge and the service was excellent and our food arrived very quickly.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was one of two restaurants suggested by the various people I asked for recommendations. The wine list was pretty good - better than I expected. Menu is a la carte, so it's not particularly inexpensive. I had the cajun salmon, which was nicely cooked; spicy, but not overly so. The vegetable of the day was a medley that was perfectly cooked, unlike overly cooked veggies one often finds in restaurants with home cooking. Very nice fresh, hot roll was served with the meal. The truffle parmesan tots sounded better than they tasted. Heavy on the truffle oil and not much parmesan, but at under $2, the price was right! The waitress was very attentive and efficient, though not particularly friendly. If in town again, I would likely give it a second try. Atmosphere is kind of eclectic - TVs here and there; music not exactly softly playing, but not offensively loud; lots of space between tables, comfy booths; dark, rather regal colors used in the decor.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a really nice restaurant for the small town of Sterling, CO. A group of us ate dinner here and everyone seemed to enjoy their meal. I had the Chicken Fajitas which was okay but not really very Mexican tasting. My husband had the smothered burrito and thought it was very good. Our server was really nice and the service was fast even though the place was crowded.

1  Thank Japotter
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Good food and selection. Prices higher for larger dinner entrees. Great salads and sandwiches. One of Sterling's nicest places todine.