“One of the best places in town”

Gallagher's River City Grill
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Colorado
“One of the best places in town”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We eat here often. I'm partial to the Little Popeye Salad, but have tried other meals. Haven't had a steak there but have heard they are tasty. The lower level is a dining area with bar. The upper level is all tables and booths. Very nice decor and have good service. TV screens are positioned all around (mostly sports) but no sound, which is a good thing to me. I enjoy having a meal with the people I'm with and not having TV being a distraction. You'll enjoy it.

Visited July 2012

Des Moines, Iowa
“It was 111 degrees in Sterling”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

It was a hot, dusty night and the restaurant building looked pretty average. But we had a great meal (mine was trout almondine). Friendly service. There seemed to be local folks of all types enjoying their suppers, and I think that is a good reference.

• Visited June 2012
phoenix
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stopped for lunch while driving across Colorado today and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and service. I had the pork tenderloin sandwich which may be the first one I have ever had made from scratch and certainly the best I have had (and I'm from Iowa.) A real slice of pork loin, pounded thin but still juicy, in a deep brown crisp batter crust. Had a side salad with very good blue cheese dressing. My husband had the "blueberry" salad which he loved. Mixed greens with berries in season (his were blueberries and black berries), bleu cheese, various veggies and a house-made raspberry vinaigrette. So nice to find such good food along the interstate (it is a few minutes off but not hard to find.)

• Visited July 2012
Phoenix Az
“Excellent food and prices”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Wonderful foods, large menu and the prices were fine. We enjoyed our meals for the first time while on the road trip.

Visited June 2012
san francisco
“Dined here 3 nights in a row”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great salads and sandwiches - a soups; our group size ranged from 2 - 40 each night and they provided great service in all scenarios; most likely the best place to dine in town

Visited April 2012