“Excellent Food - Excellent Atmosphere”

Rex's American Grill & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walton Creek Rd.
Transit: The Steamboat Springs Free Bus stops right in front of Rex's. Get on the main line travel to the "la quinta" stop.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you want to feel at home away from home - Rex's is your place! With an excellent view of the mountain, an inviting patio, a super friendly staff, and mouth-watering food... You can't go wrong! This is my favorite go-to place when I don't want to spend a fortune - happy hour is incredible! You'll fall in love - give it a try!

Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Rex's American Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Gosh... thank you! What a glowing review.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nick,

Want you to know that your staff was incredible! They did an excellent job from start to finish. We were very impressed by the professionalism, service, personal friendliness, food - everything. You, the chefs and the staff that catered the wedding definitely deserve huge kudos! Everything was delicious and we received many compliments on the entire meal. I have boasted about Rex's to everyone - hope they stop in to enjoy some meals at the restaurant!

Thank you again for everything!

Marianne

You are so welcome! It's our pleasure. And positive feedback on a job well done makes it all worth it.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

You drive up and recognize that it's attached to a Holiday Inn..... usually not a good dining sign. However, once inside of Rex's you forget all about the Holiday Inn as you devour their cheese fries. If you want to give Rex's a try, go for happy hour 4:20-6pm Monday through Friday. They have a whole list of food from $4-$6 (Cheese fries, homemade kettle chips, jalapeno hummus, chips and dip, pizza, etc.) and they have a variety of beers for $2. Everything we ordered was fantastic and our waitress was super friendly.

The reason I gave them a 5 star for their happy hour is for how gluten-free friendly they were. Tons of gluten-free food and beer selections! Give this place a try, especially if you can make the happy hour. Enjoy!

1  Thank zeke h
Colomark, Guest Relations Manager at Rex's American Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Our Happy Hour is a big hit... especially in the summer when the backyard patio is open. Thank you for giving us a try. And of course, for the 5-star review!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was passing through Steamboat and happened to be staying at the Holiday Inn. All I can say is "wow!" Fresh Seafood at a Holiday Inn restaurant? In Steamboat? The best mussels I have ever eaten ( apparently Fridays they run seafood specials every week.) I sat at the outside bar and enjoyed my meal with a fresh house infused drink which just screamed "summer!" My fellow patrons seemed comfortable and happy and I wish that I could have stayed longer to try the rest of the menu. Breakfast the following morning , florentine Benedict, was perfect too!

Thank you! We love reading reviews like yours. Its great to hear you enjoyed it.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband is picky when eating out and we were pleasantly surprised when we stayed at the motel and they had this restaurant attached it saved time running around a town we don't know and finding out the food was pretty darn good was the best bonus. It is not a chain restaurant that doesn't put effort into their menu. It's was the best cheese burger I've had in along time. And my husband was even full and happy. Wow. I'd definitely eat here AGAIN.

We'd love to have you both return. Thank you for finding us and posting such a positive review of your experience.