“Great Ski Destination” 5 of 5 bubbles

Timber Run Condominiums
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great Ski Destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been to Steamboat a number of times over the last 30+ years. Besides the great skiing the mountain has to offer, we have enjoyed the friendly, relaxed, down-to-earth attitude of the town and its residents. For six of the last seven years, I have stayed at Timber Run. It is an older condominium complex but well maintained and equipped with all the amenities that one could need. Becky Turner, Michele Koci and all their staff go out of their way to ensure that their guests are comfortable and enjoy themselves throughout their visit. Perhaps the fact that there are so many people who return year after year is the best indication of the kind of visit one can expect.
With a location only a few minutes from the base of the gondola and an excellent shuttle service to take one just about anywhere on the mountain or downtown, Timber Run continues to be our choice of places to stay for our annual two or three week trip to Steamboat Springs.

Tom and the Canadians...eh!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I came with a group taking four condos.Timber Run is a typical nice Condo with a great staff . I did not here one complaint from anyone.I would stay again at Timber Run.

denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I feel we got one of the condos that has never been remodeled. Very tired decor. The condo was always hot - didn't feel like even sitting by the fire. The dishwasher looked like a 1979 model. For the price I wish I would have looked around more. The bathroom was miniscule but the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room - maybe from the 90's!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia T
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

The last time I was in Steamboat was 1985, and was amazed at the towns growth.
As part of a smaller group from the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council, I was very impressed by the caliber of the Timber Run Staff and the services they provided . From special shuttles for our group, to the prompt replacement of a bath room faucet that failed.
Although the complex may be over 20 years old, the two units we stayed in were well maintained, comfortable and had modren amenities.

With a shuttle service to Gondola square every ten minutes from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm whats not to like. If you sign up for first tracks, let the front desk know and they are more than happy to have a shuttle there to pick you in time.
With three outdoor hot tubes and a heated pool, the apres ski soak was also something to enjoy.

The next time I go to Steamboat, I'm going to make it a point to reserver a unit at Timber Run.

Room Tip: I prefer a ground floor, as the stairs are narrow.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Timber Run Condominiums, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Timber Run Condominiums. We are pleased you had a positive experience with us and enjoyed all of the amenities that the property has to offer. We look forward to hosting you again on your next vacation to Steamboat Springs.

Becky Turner
generalmanager@steamboatresorts.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

I went on a skiing trip to Steamboat Springs in March 2011 with a bunch of friends and we decided to stay at Timber Run. The condos were not that far from the main ski resort area but best to take the free shuttle provided by the condo that is available on a daily basis anytime of the day. We even took the shuttle at midnight and they gladly ferried us to the town centre! The staffs were very friendly and nice. Always willing to help with any enquiries and they were always very cheerful (In europe people tend to be slightly aloof so we welcomed the american cheeriness). The condos did look slightly outdated with its furniture but I didnt mind it at all. It had ample space i.e 2 bedrooms (1 ensuite and the other with separate toilet and shower room), decent sized kitchen with fridge, some cooking utensils and a dining table plus working tv and sofas in the living room. Each condo had its own little storeroom outside for you to store your ski equipments. There's 2 hot tubs and a heated swimming pool which we gladly took advantage of! :) Great to ease the aches and pains after a full day of skiing. They have free doughnuts and coffee in the morning as well. I definitely would return here in the future. Great place! I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gina Y
Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is our 4th stay at Timber Run during the summer months. This summer (2011) we decided to spend 6 weeks in Steamboat at Timber Run. Yes, we did know that Triple Crown baseball was going on, yes Michele told us there would be two busy weeks during our stay, but..... The first group wasn't too bad, but the group that arrived Augst 1st for 7 days was out of control. Every evening starting at 5 p.m. the pool/hot tub/tennis/grill area was taken over by this group of at least 50 screaming kids and their parents. When the kids weren't swimming they were running up and down the stairs, screaming, dropping trash and making those of us that were here also on vacation miserable. The pools closed at 10 p.m. but the parents took at least 30 minutes to get their kids under control. Our condo is near one of the parking lots, the kids that were not swimming were in the parking lot playing ball until 10:00 p.m. which meant we had to close our condo up just to be able to hear our television and also to try and keep our sanity. I pesonally called the security company 3 times and was told that they were called here every night. When I complained to the front desk I was told that these folks also had rights! I truly do not understand these rights....come to Timber Run with a large group and you have the run of the place, and not to worry if other vacationers complain, we won't do anything about it. If you have read this review I am sure you can tell that we are very unhappy and disappointed with Steamboat Resorts (the managers) for ignoring the "non group" vacationers and basically telling us too bad. We have 4 more weeks here at Timber Run and I have my fingers crossed that we don't have any more of these lovely groups staying here. Oh, on my 3rd call to security I met the young man that came to Timber Run to get things quiet. He looked at me, it was 10:15 p.m., and said "I don't know where to start."

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank snobird2b
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Wow. I was a return guest at these condos and was terribly disappointed on this last stay. When I rent a condo, I expect to walk in the door and everything is made ready for me. I don't expect to hear "...it will take 24-48 hours for your refrigerator to get to the proper temperature." We've rented many condos over the years and this is a first! When queried, the front desk person stated: "We've done this for many years and if you stuff your refrigerator full with food it just won't maintain the temperature." The maintenance guy reiterated (regurgitated) those views. Sorry. When I rent a condo, it should be ready to go. Even if you have to get the refrigerator started, operating, cooled down, at temp., or whatever prior to our arrival. [And I think there was something wrong with the unit, anyway.] For two days, our food was at 55 degrees and some of it spoiled. While the mgmt. office did give us $50 cash and placed some of our food in a downstairs unit, it's not enough to cover the inconvenience. And, I was laughed at when making this reservation when I asked whether there was an air conditioner in the unit. "Oh, no. We don't need air conditioning in Steamboat." I beg to differ, especially in the top units such as ours. Too many windows that didn't open but let in light and too little air flow throughout. Even the lovely night air was not enough to make the unit comfortable. The fans which were supplied did not always do the trick. Part of the reason for not being able to sleep was also the bad mattress and it's bottom fitted sheet that was too small and would always pop off. Another issue (also heard mentioned by other guests) was that our card keys sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Perhaps the worst part of this whole experience was the way in which we were treated. We've never had such a problem with any other condo rental....EVER! For the money we paid, I expected more. And since we don't often take vacations, this one was ruined by not having the convenience of a working refrigerator (and worrying whether our food was safe to eat). Thanks, Timber Run. Nice work, not.

Room Tip: Rent somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family