Rabbit Ears Motel
La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$127
Steamboat Mountain Lodge(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$109
Quality Inn & Suites(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$93
Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$129
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Steamboat Hilltop(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$116
The Steamboat Grand(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Pool
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$175
$159
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$164
$146
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$152
$144
  • Pool
Legacy Vacation Resorts Steamboat Springs Suites(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$134
All reviewsyampa riverhot springsneon signin towncontinental breakfastbalcony overlooking the riverwalking distance to downtownyogurtfridge and microwavestayed one nightnice balconyquiet at nighthard boiled eggsfree buscomfortable roomsenjoyed our stayconvenient location
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Cute sign...rude manager....marginal rooms. Although the location is great the rooms and management outweigh the location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
gregkoe, Owner at Rabbit Ears Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

We're sorry this customer had a bad experience. Our management team has been in place for over 15 years and customer service is one of our highest priorities. We are family owned and operated. We try to do all possible to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with service, cleanliness and a quality lodging experience at an affordable rate.
We invite you to stay with us.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed at the Rabbit Ears Motel years ago and stayed there again in March. It's locally owned and efficiently run. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfy. We stayed in the back building where they allow dogs in the rooms and each room has a lovely balcony overlooking the walking path and creek. It's an easy walk to downtown and right across the street from the hot springs (you get a big discount at the pool if you're staying at the motel). The price was reasonable too!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Itsthejourney101
Reviewed February 17, 2011

You're skiing. Who needs a fancy hotel.The Rabbit Ears is funky, real
and fun with a huge huge free breakfast. Right across the street from
the legendary Steamboat Hot Springs. Ski hard, come back to the Pink
Ears, then hop across the street to the heart shaped pool. Night time is a quick walk down the Yampa River trail to food and booze. What's not to like.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KandyKUs
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Just returned from the boat after spending 1 week at the Rabbit Ears Motel over Christmas. I wanted a different vacation over the holidays this year and decided to give skiing a try again in CO. My last skiing trip in CO was at Vail in 1989 and my criteria was to find a friendly low key ski town in CO with affordable lodging. I chose Rabbit Ears after very good reviews on TA and was not disappointed; in fact the Rabbit Ears exceeded my expectations.

My trip started 1 day early due to bad weather in CO; I was able to change my plane reservation with Delta with no charge and then called Rabbit Ears. Deb, the front office clerk that evening,quickly changed my reservation honoring the same rate for the extra evening, and was just so friendly on the phone. When we arrived the next day, Deb was the front office clerk on duty. She gave us a great room over looking the river and park and gave us hints on skiing Steamboat since she is also a ski instructor.

The room is exactly what is described and pictured on their website. We had a nice room with king bed, sofa bed, and balcony with a beautiful view. Some reviews mentioned the rooms as "tired." Our room was very comfortable, with great heating, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, TV with good cable, and free WIFI. Just what we needed for 6 nights skiing.

Continental breakfast is served daily from 6:30am - 9:30am. Very basic but did the trick. Assortment of hot/cold cereals, toaster with bagels and frozen waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee tea, and some mornings had fresh fruit.

We did the Hot Springs across the street on 2 afternoons and you can buy discounted passes for $10.00 each at the Rabbit Ears front desk. Great fun, relaxing, and highly recommended.

The Rabbit Ears is right on the free bus line to the ski slopes and into Downtown. It is within walking distance of great shops, restaurants, and bars. After a couple of nights we took the bus to Safeway to get provisions so we didn't have to spend a fortune on eating out every night.

Our return flight back to ATL on Christmas day was canceled; so our 5 night vacation went into a 7 night. I talked to Beverly at the front desk, as she too was so friendly, and again honored our extra nights lodging at the same rate as the rest of the week. She gave us tips on what to do on Christmas Day and we enjoyed our holiday in Steamboat Springs.

Overall it was a great trip; skiing was a blast even at my age and the people at Steamboat were all very friendly. Rabbit Ears is a family owned business since the 1950's and I wish them continued success. It's wonderful to have such comfortable affordable lodging when planning a ski vacation and I would highly recommend the Rabbit Ears Motel when visiting Steamboat Springs. Thanks much for a wonderful week!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Max&Lola
gregkoe, General Manager at Rabbit Ears Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments and the acknowledgement of our front desk staff. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Greg Koehler

Reviewed October 31, 2010

I have stayed here before and while it is nothing fancy the stay was always ok until this last time. There was an overcrowded horse trailer parked in the lot overnight. The horses wanted out and were kicking the sides of the trailer pretty hard. You can imagine the noise that made. When I called the front desk I was told not to get "hawkey?" with the desk clerk before he hung up on me. He claimed not to be the "horse whisperer " and there was nothing he could do about the noise. He did state mine was not the only complaint. When I went to the office in the morning and explained the circumstances of the night before I didn't even get any sympathy for the night of sleep I lost. I checked out, spent the following night else where and will not go back even though I am in Steamboat regularly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank SueHayek
gregkoe, General Manager at Rabbit Ears Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

We tried to do all possible to have guests who owned the horses settle them down. Finally at 11:45 pm they seemed to settle down. We did offer this guest a free room upgrade away from the parking area but she refused to move.
General Manager Greg Koehler