“Great choice in a great town”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Manhattan Beach, California
“Great choice in a great town”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Booked four rooms at Hotel Bristol the week-end of Winter Carnival. From the start everything was to our liking. Anthony at the front desk was helpful with stuff to do, Petrona gave great suggestions of where our group of seven should eat. Room was clean and comfortable. Upstairs area near hot tub was great for quick breakfast (that we brought) and apres ski cocktails. Shuttle to ski mountain is right outside (and free). Heaps of restaurants up and down Lincoln so no need to use car. Location of hotel couldn't be better. We visited hotels at the mountain and much preferred our spot. Thank you Petrona and Anthony for a great stay and we will all be back.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We booked a last-minute ski trip to Steamboat over New Years... lodging prices were (understandably) outrageous, so we chose to book at a less-expensive spot in town instead of a big resort on the mountain itself.

I'm so glad we did!!

Hotel Bristol is very charming and comfy. Great service. Great sitting room. Coffee and tea are always on ~ you can help yourself. Very relaxed. And SO CLOSE to everything at night...

My husband and I had a room that shared a bathroom with the other couple we went with. Sadly our room had two single beds ~ my only complaint really ~ but I knew I was getting that when I booked, so it's not their fault!

One last thought: I booked a massage at a big posh hotel/resort on the mountain - - - the resort itself was COMPLETELY over-rated (from what I could see.... I used the fitness center and had some coffee). I was so very glad to return to the quaint, cozy Hotel Bristol.

Thanks for the excellent service!

PS - There's a wonderful independent bookstore kitty-corner from the hotel that makes a great cappuccino.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2011

It was an excellent choice for our Christmas gathering, our adult children and teenage grandchildren enjoying the warmth of the Bristol and at the same time, taking advantage of all the Boat has to offer.... bluebird sky ski days followed by refreshing snowshoeing up the side of Emerald Mtn. Seemed much like home...puzzle building by the fireside, gracious staff....so nice. Yes, we expect this to be our home away from home often!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
denver
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed there for a conference 2+ years ago. I remembered the hotel when we learned that friends from Atlanta would be skiing Steamboat over the long weekend. Making reservations with Petrona, the manager, for this trip was a very worthwhile experience - she cheerfully answered all of my questions about the hotel and other information, i.e., room types and placement, how to get to and from the ski resort (free) without using our car, etc. When we arrived, she took the time to troubleshoot our laptop's wifi connection. The downtown location amidst one-of-a-kind shops and restaurants with the ski mountain as backdrop is ideal. The room was small, yet cozy and quaint and the hot tub was soothing after a long day on the slopes. An overall great trip for both of us.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
steamboat springs co
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel is always my first choice when coming to Steamboat. I stay here about 4 to 5 times a year, all throughout the year, all seasons. Great location, excellent staff, perfect bedding and THE PILLOWS...they are my favorite, plenty of them and very first class.
Very cozy, homey atmosphere, the staff makes you feel like family. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know. A bad review of this hotel, is probably more indicative of a "problem" guest than anything else. I have always had a good experience and stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Where do I start? Loud, rude guests yelling and running through the halls until 4:00 AM last night. No hotel staff are on the premises, so you apparently need to call an outside security company, which I didn't learn about until the next morning. I was actually afraid last night, the other guests were really, really drunk and fighting in the halls. I had two young boys who heard things and words they should never have had to hear this hotel. The woman manager actually asked me "why is it the hotels responsibility for loud, rude quests." If you are on the first floor, don't go at all. You mind as well sleep in the parking lot. Lights, engines, people's voices are basically in your room with you. Because we only got 2 hours of sleep, I asked for a refund on the room rate and the woman manager said she would comp me $20.00. That to me is not acceptable. After I told her my issues on the phone, she stated" Are you done" and said "have a nice day" and hung up. I have never written a review, but after last night, with only two hours of sleep between 4-6 am, I felt that others should know what to expect when booking a room at this hotel. At least the chains stand by their hotels and provide proper customer service when a hotel is out of control like the Hotel Bristol was last night. I will also never stay at a hotel that does not have staff on the premises.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jillykb
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2010

It's an old 'western-style' hotel on the pretty main street of this pretty western town surrounded by the beautiful rocky mountains. I was there in skiing season - just before Christmas - and it really did feel a little like being in a movie (you know, one of those Sunday afternoon ones that make you feel glad to be alive and on your sofa). Lights twinkled on the streetlamps. The shopkeepers were friendly. The selection of local restaurants fantastic (Steakhouse, Bistro, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Diner.....).

What made the trip though was the simplicity of the hotel - a simplicity backed up by genuine friendliness of service and a real concern for the experience that visitors had while staying. This was not 'selling the western experience', this was good, honest hospitality from people who seemed to care.

For me, being downtown in Steamboat was a much better option than being in one of the larger ski-in/ski-out slope side hotels. And if staying downtown, there is nowhere I would have preferred to the Hotel Bristol.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple