On a recent trip through Colorado My daughter, My Dog, and I spent a Wednesday night here. Upon arrival we told the desk clerk we wanted a room for myself, my daughter, and my 10 lb poodle. We were told that the only room left was a King Suite and that although it was usually available at $ 175 we could negotiate the rate. I offered $ 125 and we signed the usual paperwork initialing the rate. Later the clerk saw us with Badger (the Dog) and expressed surprise. I reminded him that we told him about the dog at check in but I would be happy to sign the usual pet form for him. In the morning (up early - more on that below) I was shocked to see a bill for $ 204 including the (not unexpected) $ 15 pet fee and a $ 60 penalty charge for "Violating Quality Inn's Pet Policy". The first Clerk I spoke to about this informed me that the desk manager has specifically requested this charge be added and the she would be in a 7 am. Upon speaking with her she completely disregarded my claim that I had told the night clerk about the dog, disregarded receipts I had from previous stays indicating that I had declared my pet (and paid the charges) , interrogated my 12 year old daughter about the check in, at one point - strongly implying that she was a liar (!??!?!) and eventually and very grudgingly offered to reduce the penalty fee to $ 30. I found this unacceptable and we left. Naturally I will be reporting this horrific behavior / customer service to Choice Hotels, the owners of the franchise, and will follow up with Trip Advisor about their awards (completely undeserved I.M.H.O.) for this hotel. To say that the whole staff needs to spend 2 weeks at some sort of Customer Service Boot Camp for serial offenders would be an understatement.
As to why we up so early, it turns out that Suite 200 is right above the lobby. As suites go the kitchen was rather spacious, the rooms clean enough, and discounting the large HVAC duct next to the dining room table, acceptable. I didn't turn on the jets in the Spa Tub (use at own risk). Unfortunately the walls are thin and the lobby echoes sounds rather a LOT. As such it is noisy and you WON'T need an ALARM for the next morning. I got to wake up to the sweet sounds of buckets dropping and the best in Soft Rock . . . " You Are So Beautiful . . . To MEEEEEEE. . . . (Not at 5:30 am - you stupid So & So ). Ah well the sooner we left the better.
DON'T STAY HERE!! (Read the negative reviews carefully - They're nice enough when everything goes well - But as soon as a problem comes up it's your fault and they will go out of their way to make you miserable). But if you DO - Don't pay for Suite 200 !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get your money's worth at the award-winning, smoke-free Quality Inn & Suites(R) hotel in Steamboat Springs, CO near Steamboat Ski Resort. We offer easy access to Steamboat Springs's top attractions, including Old Town Hot Springs, Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs and Fish Creek Falls. Our convenient location on U.S. Highway 40 makes this Steamboat Springs hotel your ideal lodging destination, as we are less than one mile from Steamboat Ski Resort, which you can easily get to via the free shuttle directly from our door. Business travelers appreciate our 50-person meeting room and access to copy and fax services. For your convenience, guest laundry facilities are available. We invite you to relax in your guest room, which features a 32-inch flat-screen TV, pillow-top mattress, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Select rooms also offer a whirlpool. Enjoy the combination of cozy accommodations, friendly service and wonderful amenities at the Quality Inn & Suites, which received the Choice Gold Hospitality Award! Book now - we look forward to hosting you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Quality Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Comfort Inn