“How old is this place”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Castle Rock, Colorado
“How old is this place”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

If this is a representative La Quinta Inn, I will never stay in one again. I think this used to be something else and converted to La Quinta. Very old and dated and soooooo expensive. The only good think I can say is the beds were comfortable. Room was small, door to bathroom hit the toilet so couldn't open all the way (guess I didn't need to open all the way). Just a real disappointing accomodation for the price paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank las23
Su W, Manager at La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear LA Stoughton 23:
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Steamboat springs La Quinta.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Also thank you for telling us that you enjoyed our expensive Sealy Reflexion Latex Foam 17 inches pillow top mattress.
You booked from LQ.com with a BAR rate, you saved some money on that week end. There were 4 events on that Saturday: Pro Rodeo Series, Evening of Dance, Mainstreet Farmers' Market and Orchestra Finale, most hotels were booked out on that night. You booked your room from Internet on 07/25/13, you're sure you got a room and a better rate on that day. We sent guests to another hotel, they paid $250 for that night.
This hotel was built in 2001, and affiliated with La Quinta in 2007, it has been remodeled and upgraded several times since on. I will send your comments over to our Property Management in order to get a better improvement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Evans, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have stayed here several times and always get a good nights rest. This stay we had the room with a jacuzzi in it. The jacuzzi was large and very nice. The bed this time seemed worn out. It was not as nice as the mattresses have been in the past. Breakfast was not that great- bagel seemed stale. difficult to warm things in the microwave with only Styrofoam plates. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cooogrrr
Su W, Manager at La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and that you did not enjoy our Sealy Reflexion Latex Foam 17 inches pillow top mattress. This mattress was bought not long ago, I have called the Sealy factory on this issue, they suggest us to move the mattress from one corner to another corner especially when the hotel is in the high peak seasons and explained that it was made from the Latex foam, the natural properties of latex allow it to dynamically conform to your body for optimal support in any sleep position. Also we have replaced the Styrofoam plate.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

There are lots of nice things about this hotel (location, cleanliness, etc.), but if you cannot get a decent night's sleep, those things don't matter much. This was -- I'm not exaggerating -- the worst bed I have ever attempted to sleep in. (Room 201, for the record.) It had the firmness of a marshmallow, with an epic sag in the middle. My husband ended up sleeping on the floor, and I finally fell asleep by lying completely sideways on the mattress. The owners should be embarrassed to charge people money to sleep in a bed like that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi, Jennifer:

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and that you did not enjoy our Sealy Reflexion Latex Foam 17 inche pillow top mattress. The mattress was purchased recently and costs around $3998. This mattress is widely considered to be made of the ideal bedding material and has been called the perfect sleep surface. The benefits of this Sealy Reflexion Latex Foam matress includes:
Conforming Support-One of the most unique aspects of a Latex Foam mattress is how it feels. The natural properties of latex allow it to dynamically conform to your body for optimal support in any sleep position.
Pressure Relief- Latex Foam mattresses reduce the pressure to contact points of the body,thereby reducing tossing and turning and enabling deeper, more restorative sleep.
Health Benefits-The natural properties of latex foam ensure that these mattresses are anti-microbial, dust mite resistant, and mildew proof.
Naturally Durable-These unique sleep sets never need to be turned, and are designed to provide exceptional comfort life for many years.
I am sorry that your husband was sleeping on the floor. If you had notified the front desk we would have made arrangements for a more enjoyable stay for you and your husband. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.
West Columbia, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a good clean hotel however it could use better towels and a better breakfast assortment. All they had for dinnerware was styrofoam plates. You cannot use these in the microwave!! Also, the sheets were too thin along with the towels. I don't think this hotel is up to La Quinta standards. But, it is Clean and quiet and the staff was nice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Su W, Manager at La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Steamboat Springs La Quinta. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectation; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are La Quinta Franchise, we have to use La Quinta approved towels and sheets, and everythings inside our guest rooms. We did order all the supplies from the American Hotel Register Company, an approved supplier from La Quinta Corporate Office. I will bring the issue up to our Headquarter that the towels and the sheets as you stated are not thick enough and will make further improvement with our supplier. Your satisfection and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards. We hope to see again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This motel is clean, convenient, and the owners are very friendly. The pool, breakfast and wi-fi are nice to have. The motel is located very close to the Yampa River Core Trail, a Wal-Mart and a City Market (Kroger) grocery store. It was quiet and a great atmosphere to bring a family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Su W, Manager at La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
thank you so much for the great review!! We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at
the Steamboat Springs La Quinta. it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the times to write.
We hope to see you again soon.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my second time here and both times I had very nice stayed. The hotel's not very big but it's very cozy and it has the lodge cabin kind of feel and rooms are good size too. I enjoyed their breakfast and the staffs are friendly and helpful so I definitely will come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank emmy t
Su W, Manager at La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Emmy:
Thank you so much for your comments "Nice Experience" regarding your stay at the Steamboat Springs La Quinta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We always appreciate the kind words.
We hope to see again soon
Kind Regards,