“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Steamboat Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the kind of place that gets the job done, when that's all you need. Rooms are basic, but clean. No closet, and amenities are few (toiletries, etc.). Didn't bother with breakfast, so can't comment on that. But it's a great deal pretty much all the time compared to other options in the area- several of the branded competitors are a good bit more, for essentially the same room and service. Especially when considering it's pet-friendly, hard to beat the price. You get what you pay for, but that's just fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights so I could be close to the mountain to get some awesome snowboarding in this season. You're allowed to bring your dogs for $15/pet/night. I had 2 dogs with me so that was super convenient. The lobby is always stocked with coffee, tea, and energy bars which was great, and all the people working at the desk were really nice and helpful. There's a nice hot tub which is so relaxing after a day of skiing. Although the amenities are pretty basic, it's a great rate for a one star hotel and they really do take care of this place. I will definitely stay here again if I make it up to Steamboat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ami127
dalton, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had no complaints about this hotel. Room was cleaned to my satisfaction everyday, the bed was very comfortable and staff was nice. Convenient location, close to everything I needed. Great price. Could not ask for anything more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Three of my girlfriends and I stayed here for one night. We had little plans of being in the hotel except for sleep and showers, so it served it's purpose AND the price was right. We got two double beds for $140. Cheapest I could find. If you're looking for a good nights sleep this is not the hotel for that. The beds are uncomfortable and being only 5'7" my toes were hanging off the end of the bed. The pillows were pretty awful too so if you were going to Steamboat for more than two nights I would recommend elsewhere. They didn't have breakfast like they mentioned but they did have burritos and such that you had to microwave. We wanted to eat breakfast out so that wasn't an issue for us. If it had been I would have been very disappointed! The room was clean enough and if you get back to the hotel after 10:00pm like we did there is nowhere but illegal places to park. No one got towed I noticed including us.
The front desk girls were very friendly, efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: This hotel is on the outskirts of Steamboat. If you don't have a car it wouldn't be an ideal...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We came here for a snowboarding trip & all I can say is this hotel is a dump!! When I booked this it was based on reviews & the person I spoke to said it wasn't bad & decent. First lack of parking for guests. When we checked in the front desk person didn't know a thing about the hotel. I had read & was told when I booked that their was a breakfast, nope just frozen burritos you could buy (no thanks). The room was terrible smelling. Not taken care of at all. The bed was very uncomfortable & pillows were even worse. There were hard crusty things in one that we didn't even want to know what it was. Chipping paint, pretty sure I saw mold in the bath room, shower head broken, etc. The hot tub is very small but prob the best & nicest part. Oh & no view of a Mt like someone had mentioned. Also no one was available for me to check out in the early am.
If you want cheap & uncomfortable then stay here otherwise try a different hotel!!!

Room Tip: Go some place else!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had stayed at this Hotel last year and we noticed it was less clean and in less condition than it was before. For example the plugs in the wall were all broken. Bathrooms could use some new work on them. Also breakfast is advertised in Hotels.com, but they do not offer breakfast! last year they did. So, maybe next time we will stay in another Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kitty70
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This an ok fleabag/cheap option. But be warned that they do NOT offer breakfast as they advertise. I have two kids and we had to go elsewhere and buy breakfast because we did not bring our own breakfast based on their advertisement that breakfast was included.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family