The Ptarmigan Inn
La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$149
Steamboat Mountain Lodge(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$109
Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
Quality Inn & Suites(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$110
QualityInn
The Steamboat Grand(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Pool
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$205
$189
Hampton.com
Rabbit Ears Motel(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$135
Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$200
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$230
$206
  • Pool
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Steamboat Hilltop(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
$143
$125
All reviewsski shophot tubski rentalski groupcloset doorper nightvillage areaan updateslope viewballoon rodeofree ski storagethe check in processsteamboat central reservationslift ticketsenjoyed our stayski weekan older property
Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you like to ski hard all day and have a clean, ski in, ski out place to stay at night - this is it. If you need to be pampered, this is not the hotel for you. For my family of 4 it was awesome. We booked using our Rocky Mountain Super Pass privileges, making the cost super affordable. Yes, yes, you feel like you've walked back into the 1970s when you arrive, but the place is clean and in good repair. The staff is nice and the restaurant/bar in the hotel is also good. But what's great is the ski in, ski out location - right next to the gondola!!!! You can walk to everything in the village or if you want to go Downtown, there's a shuttle if you don't want to drive. One warning, when I booked it said that the room came with a microwave. I brought breakfast burritos but there was no microwave. When I called the front desk, they said - oh yes, it comes with a microwave, it's just here at the front desk. So that's how we heated up our burritos- walking down to the front desk. Also, the pool towels are more like dish rags - super small and thin. Everyone in the hot tub and pool was laughing hard about this - but if you think it might bug you, bring your own towel. My family will stay here again for sure. I like the price and location and it serves us just fine.

Room Tip: I don't think paying for a "slope view" room is worth it.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is the best value we found that is walking distance to the gondola. Yes - the place looks outdated, but it does have a retro charm. We were lucky to get a room on the 4th floor. It came with: FREE WIFI!, bath amenities, hairdryer, daily housekeeping service, alarm clock, fridge, and FREE WIFI! (have to repeat it). The inn offers ski/ snowboard storage, but we opted to put our boards on the small balcony. It was an easier access for us to grab our boards, take the elevator down, exit out back and walk to the gondola. Not sure about the other reviewers on the cleanliness of their rooms, but our room was cleaned every day by Liliana who did a terrific job.

Other info:
- Pool and hot tub are small.
- Walls are thin. You can hear the noisy kids running around the next room and in the hallways.
- Free parking.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor facing the Truffle Pig restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noodle Head
Reviewed April 2, 2013

you get what you pay for. we spent 7 nights at Ptarmigan Inn. It is an older place, not updated and we did not let our bare feet touch the carpet if you know what i mean. The staff was good, place was pretty clean (just old), breakfast downstairs was great each morning and so convenient. having Christy's ski rental there was very convenient too. I stayed there for the ski in and ski out convenience and it was great. I only paid $165 per night and when i was doing my research, i spoke to a private owner of some condos at the Rockies and she was a bit less than this but thought it was comical that she would put down the Ptarmigan Inn as a "knockdown waiting to happen" and the downtown Inns as over priced at $100 per night, when her little condos look very similar (built in the 70's), no restaurant, no ski in, ski out, no rental facility, no maid service, questionable on the clean sheets etc... other charges for "cleaning fees" and a long 3 block walk to the lift. And she "expected" me to be appreciative of her price... that's OK, i've stayed at the Rockies... no thanks. Her attitude alone kept me away. Can you spell Hustle?

Room Tip: pet friendly hotel, but 4th floor does not allow pets, so book a 4th floor room if you can.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just terrible...Let's start with the front desk. Not at all friendly, kind of felt like I was at a motor vehicles counter. Everyone single one of them. Our slopeside room was actually in the basement. When we asked for another room, they told us they didnt' have any. We didn't believe them, so called pretending to be a new customer and they had several rooms available. Next, the room. Not only could we hear everything going on in the hall, other rooms, the lobby, the pool, etc., but the sounds were amplified, probably due to the way the noise was echoing off the walls. The towels probably haven't been replaced since the 1970s, I wouldn't even line a gerbil cage with them. The toilet paper was the cheapest you could find. I am still undecided over which was rougher, the towels or the toilet paper. The toilet didn't flush, the bathroom floor was peeling away and from the foundation causing an uneven walking surface. What else...oh, the bed left us so sore, we almost had to skip skiing one day. Also, I think I saw blood stains on one of the walls. I'm still stunned that the Steamboat mountain would allow such an eyesore and horrible place to be in such a prime location. The worst.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vadiamo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Cozy room, hot,hot tub, close to fun and fine playground that Steamboat Mtn resort offers... Great fridge, missing a microwave but has a restaurant, back deck to watch your kids in lessons at and very close proximity to the base of the Mtn.

We had a VCR in our room and needed a DVD player... Surprise... They had one at the front desk for free. Free web connection, happy people at the front desk and kind people offering ski valet... All in all, a great few days...

Room Tip: Both sides of the building are great!