This is the best value we found that is walking distance to the gondola. Yes - the place looks outdated, but it does have a retro charm. We were lucky to get a room on the 4th floor. It came with: FREE WIFI!, bath amenities, hairdryer, daily housekeeping service, alarm clock, fridge, and FREE WIFI! (have to repeat it). The inn offers ski/ snowboard storage, but we opted to put our boards on the small balcony. It was an easier access for us to grab our boards, take the elevator down, exit out back and walk to the gondola. Not sure about the other reviewers on the cleanliness of their rooms, but our room was cleaned every day by Liliana who did a terrific job.
- Pool and hot tub are small.
- Walls are thin. You can hear the noisy kids running around the next room and in the hallways.
- Free parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Steamboat hotel with ski-in, ski-out access. The Ptarmigan Inn is the premier Steamboat lodging option for your Steamboat ski vacation, offering Steamboat’s only affordable ski-in ski-out access to the Steamboat Ski Resort. Start your Steamboat vacation planning now by letting us help you with all your needs while you’re here in Steamboat Springs. Check room availability and book now or contact a Steamboat lodging concierge. You’ll be glad you did. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ptarmigan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ptarmigan Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Best Western Ptarmigan Hotel
- Best Western Steamboat Springs
- Ptarmigan Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Best Western