“Aurum's Aura Was Great”
Review of Aurum Food & Wine

Aurum Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurum Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A New Element in Dining Featuring seasonal new American cuisine, this refined yet relaxed, space features bar, dining room and spacious deck seating. Nestled along the Yampa River, this watershed has historically provided the lifeline for farming and ranching in the Yampa Valley. We are proud to build upon this rich heritage. Coming May 2014
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a great evening with friends at Aurum in Steamboat Springs. Aurum is a new restaurant that is situated right on the banks of the Yampa River. They have a nice dining room and a large outdoor seating area. First of all, the service was excellent. The wait staff was fun, unpretentious and helpful. The menu was brief, but offered beef, pork, seafood and a few non-meat options. We started with a bottle of excellent Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara County. Then we moved on to salads. Our group ordered a few of the salads to share. The kale salad and the heirloom tomato salad with burrata mozzarella were both very good. The group ordered a variety of entrees...beef tenderloin, pork chops, crab cakes. Everyone around our table enjoyed their entrees and the sides they came with. We shared a couple of the desserts...pot of chocolate and a red wine & berry pie/tart. These, too, were delicious. Overall, we all would highly recommend Aurum for a great, delicious evening out.

1  Thank FCCOTraveler
Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Good Evening,

I wanted to be certain and personally thank you for sharing your kind words and support of Aurum Food & Wine, we all greatly appreciate it. I am so happy to hear that you thought our service was FUN...as we aim to put the "experience" back into fine dining. Thank you again, and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We ate here recently and were impressed by the service and food, up until dessert, which was sort of a letdown. The atmosphere was nice, location on the Yampa River. It's an upscale vibe with old miner pictures. Great service!

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support of Aurum Food & Wine, we greatly appreciate you. We are so glad you enjoyed your recent experience and apologize for your feelings about dessert. Please reach out to me directly at phil@aurumsteamboat.com so that we can arrange for you to come back and have a dessert on us. We want you to get something you truly enjoy.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I was excited to try a new restaurant in Steamboat. I went the first week they opened for happy hour and had a glass of wine and a couple of appetizers. The wine was about what you would expect for $3 a glass, but the appetizers were edible. I had a few drinks at the bar again with friends before going to the Cabaret. Again, it was pretty average over all.

I finally went back with a friend for drinks and dinner a few Sundays ago and it was AWFUL. First, it took several minutes to get the bar tender’s attention because he was too busy flirting with the only other patron at the bar. We were finally given a drink menu and asked what we would like to order. It was a hot day sunny day so I thought that the Sangria sound perfect. Unfortunately that wasn’t available despite being on the menu. So, I ordered a beer and my friend asked to start with a glass of water. A few minutes later she was handed a warm glass of water with no ice. I still had no drink. It took him another few minutes to realize that he still hadn’t poured my beer. Given that there were NO other customers at the bar, I find this unacceptable.

After about 15 minutes we took our warm water and beer and finally went and sat at a table outside to listen to the music which was the ONLY good part of the whole experience. After the show was over, we decided to order dinner – big mistake. I ordered the Crab Salad with Watermelon. It was so bad I couldn’t even eat it. Some of the other items ordered were edible, but that’s the best way I can describe it. Overall, my experience was so bad that I will never go back.

1  Thank Michelle G

Good Morning Michelle,

Let me begin by sincerely thanking you for sharing your recent experience on both Yelp & Trip Advisor. As a local owner operator of a small business, who's livelihood solely relies on the success of our venture, we always encourage feedback so that we may be in a constant state of improvement.

I have to first apologize as Sunday evening is one of the few moments that I reserve in a week for my wife, so I was not present the night of your experience.

I wanted to respond to your review point by point so as not to miss anything.

- I apologize that you felt somewhat neglected by our bartender, for that there is no excuse.
- The cool, but not cold water you were served is our preference, if you would like ice in the future please just make that request as we are happy to accommodate.
- Our sangria does take time to infuse with the flavors of the fresh fruit. I know that this is no excuse, but from time to time we have to make it unavailable as the batches take time to reach the peak of flavor.
- Our Locals Hour wine is offered at a below cost price during those hours, it is not cheap wine and is typically $9-$13 a glass outside of these hours. The wines by the glass are wines from our vineyard and we take great pride in those wines as we made them with award winning winemaker Joe Buckle. I am deeply sorry you did not enjoy them, or find value in the $3 price point.
- It sounds as if you did not find our crab and melon salad to your liking. I would only ask that next time you indicate this preference to us in person so that we are able to rectify the situation with something you would enjoy as soon as possible.

Overall, we do not aim to disappoint, which is why I encourage you to join us once more, on us of course, to be certain we give you the wonderful experience that 99% of our guests enjoy. You may contact me directly at phil@aurumsteamboat.com to arrange. I look forward to hearing from you and apologize again for your disappointment.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We couldn't have been more satisfied with our dinner tonight. The calamari were light and served on a bed of arugula with a citrus dressing. So much nicer than the typical heavy breaded with a marinara sauce. All three entrees, crispy bass, 1/2 chicken and the pork chop were cooked to perfection. Our waiter Nick was not only attentive but knowledgeable and personable. The owner Phillips was so generous and a consummate restraunteur.The evening was a truly wonderful.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Good Morning to you,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support of Aurum Food & Wine, I sincerely appreciate you. We hope you enjoy the wine and will look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Cheers!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the top appetizers I've ever had (burrata) very good martini, excellent pork chop!! Outdoor seating by the river in the evening with the fire torches/pit is cozy, beautiful & enjoyable!! So glad this place has come along, we'll definitely be back!!!

Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Aurum Food & Wine, we really appreciate your review. We hope to see you back again in the near future, before Burrata season is gone till next year!