“Amazing food and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aurum Food & Wine

Aurum Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurum Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A New Element in Dining Featuring seasonal new American cuisine, this refined yet relaxed, space features bar, dining room and spacious deck seating. Nestled along the Yampa River, this watershed has historically provided the lifeline for farming and ranching in the Yampa Valley. We are proud to build upon this rich heritage. Coming May 2014
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Amazing food and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We couldn't have been more satisfied with our dinner tonight. The calamari were light and served on a bed of arugula with a citrus dressing. So much nicer than the typical heavy breaded with a marinara sauce. All three entrees, crispy bass, 1/2 chicken and the pork chop were cooked to perfection. Our waiter Nick was not only attentive but knowledgeable and personable. The owner Phillips was so generous and a consummate restraunteur.The evening was a truly wonderful.

• Visited August 2014
Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Good Morning to you,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support of Aurum Food & Wine, I sincerely appreciate you. We hope you enjoy the wine and will look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Cheers!

Broomfield, Colorado
“Amazing outdoor seating, terrific food, good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the top appetizers I've ever had (burrata) very good martini, excellent pork chop!! Outdoor seating by the river in the evening with the fire torches/pit is cozy, beautiful & enjoyable!! So glad this place has come along, we'll definitely be back!!!

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Aurum Food & Wine, we really appreciate your review. We hope to see you back again in the near future, before Burrata season is gone till next year!
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Evening at Aurum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hi Phillips:

We ate at Aurum this evening and the experience was flawless.

Your personnel, the personal touches and culinary were exceptional.

You greeted my wife and I on the way out and this personal touch was also greatly appreciated.
When I was climbing into my truck a group of about 8 Texas ladies approached me looking for somewhere to eat and I told them they should try Aurum. As I drove off, they were being seated on your deck overlooking the Yampa River and am sure they too had an exceptional experience.

Thanks again for pushing the bar to new heights in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Glenn H
Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good Morning Glenn,

Can't thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with Aurum Food & Wine. We greatly appreciate you and look forward to seeing you both again in the near future!
“Good food but expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We dined at Aurum last night for the first time. Since the dining room was full at 8:00 and we did not have a reservation, we chose to eat at the bar, where we were served by Caesar (formerly of Cottonwood Grill). The menu had a nice selection and we were thrilled that the staff and chef were willing to accomodate a food allergy in preparing our meals, which were delicious. We were disappointed that the dessert we chose was sold out and that there was no decaf cappuccino available. The cost of the dinner, we felt, was somewhat high and we will probably not add this into our regular rotation of restaurants.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good Morning,

I wanted to make sure to thank you for your recent review as we value all feedback concerning guest experience. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals, but feel disappointed that you felt as if there was not good value in your experience. If you would please, take a moment to contact me regarding what dishes you felt were overpriced and perhaps I can shed some light on to the high cost of operating in the current economy. As for the lack of decaff cappuccino...yes, I do apologize as we are bringing this item onto the list after having more than a few requests. Please know that we always have decaff coffee available, and will soon offer decaff espresso as well. My contact email is phil@aurumsteamboat.com and I look forward to hearing from you.
Bay Area, California
“Hopeful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Have eaten at Aurum twice now--once inside with my son, full dinners, and once with some friends outside on the couches at the fire pit, drinks and appetizers only. The first experience was pretty good--we ate at a great table right at the window overlooking the Yampa. The service was attentive; the tomato/buratta salad good; my chicken was cooked nicely; my son's lamb/sausage burger, well, I just don't think this dish works, at least not with a teenager's palate (though I tasted--not my fav either). Although the entire dinner was nice, I left unsure whether the experience was worth the price.

My second visit to Aurum was the way to go---hanging out on the patio on a beautiful evening, sipping refreshing whisky smashes, and grazing on delicious appetizers: the tender calamari, super lumpy crab cake, tuna tartar, and Korean BBQ ribs. The four of us loved everything--we scraped each plate clean (actually fought over last rib!). This was a lovely evening out and I'll certainly return for the experience.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Good Morning & thank you for your recent review of Aurum Food & Wine, we greatly appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the apps, they are some of our favorites as well. Next time in let us know you are here and maybe Chef Chase can put something special together for your teenagers in the way of a good old fashioned burger. We look forward to seeing you again soon!