“Hopeful”
Review of Aurum Food & Wine

Aurum Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurum Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A New Element in Dining Featuring seasonal new American cuisine, this refined yet relaxed, space features bar, dining room and spacious deck seating. Nestled along the Yampa River, this watershed has historically provided the lifeline for farming and ranching in the Yampa Valley. We are proud to build upon this rich heritage. Coming May 2014
Bay Area, California
“Hopeful”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Have eaten at Aurum twice now--once inside with my son, full dinners, and once with some friends outside on the couches at the fire pit, drinks and appetizers only. The first experience was pretty good--we ate at a great table right at the window overlooking the Yampa. The service was attentive; the tomato/buratta salad good; my chicken was cooked nicely; my son's lamb/sausage burger, well, I just don't think this dish works, at least not with a teenager's palate (though I tasted--not my fav either). Although the entire dinner was nice, I left unsure whether the experience was worth the price.

My second visit to Aurum was the way to go---hanging out on the patio on a beautiful evening, sipping refreshing whisky smashes, and grazing on delicious appetizers: the tender calamari, super lumpy crab cake, tuna tartar, and Korean BBQ ribs. The four of us loved everything--we scraped each plate clean (actually fought over last rib!). This was a lovely evening out and I'll certainly return for the experience.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Good Morning & thank you for your recent review of Aurum Food & Wine, we greatly appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the apps, they are some of our favorites as well. Next time in let us know you are here and maybe Chef Chase can put something special together for your teenagers in the way of a good old fashioned burger. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Denver, Colorado
“Nice addition to the Boat”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The new renovations are very nice, and the setting overlooking the river and Howelson Hill is superb. The brunch menu is small but innovative and adequate. The BLAT was very good, as were a couple of the salads. Hope this one stays around a while in Steamboat.

Visited June 2014
Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Good morning, and thank you for your feedback of Aurum Food and Wine as we greatly appreciate you. We are so glad you enjoyed your brunch with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Yes, we hope to be here for years to come!
Springfield, Missouri
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great view of the river and there was a fellow singing doing a great job. We ordered a glass of wine and planned to have dinner. Call me square and maybe old, but I have trouble looking up at a server with a nose ring through her nostril. Sorry, lost my appetite.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Good Morning,

Let me begin by thanking you for your feedback as we greatly appreciate any and all comments about your experience. I find it difficult to defend a judgement of our restaurant based upon the appearance of our staff. We value our employees above all else as they are first and foremost a reflection of the passion we have for what we do. I hope next time you visit you will try to look past appearance and experience the food & wine of Aurum.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Aurum is Awesome!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

There are some really fine restaurants in Steamboat, however, Aurum is THE best restaurant for the overall dining experience. Not only is the food is excellent but the service staff is terrific and the expansive setting on the Yampa River is amazing. Huge deck for brunch, lunch, happy hour and dinner. The menu offers fabulous fish, chicken, beef and more. Delicious Tempura Calamari...my fav! We have enjoyed it so much, we had a private party there on the 4th of July. Even with the restaurant packed, the staff was right on top of our needs and paid attention to the details. Phil Armstrong is the owner and knows his business. He is visible, personable and is at your service. I might as well mention a few names of some of his seasoned staff: Matt, Cesar, John, Alexa... This is a must and a dining jewel in Steamboat!

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your support of Aurum Food & Wine, we greatly appreciate you! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Harrodsburg, Indiana
“Expected more”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Food was average for this type of restaurant and money spent. Server was professional and service was good. A bit clumsy on some of the support staff, but decent. Were there late in the evening and heard quite the party in the kitchen. Food was certainly not bad, but nothing that amazed the party of four. Host was pretentious.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank scot c
Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Good Morning Scot,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback on Aurum Food & Wine as we greatly appreciate any constructive criticism and strive to improve every day. It sounds as if your experience with us was less than you had hoped for. This is disappointing to us as well as we don't aim to disappoint. If you are still in town please contact me at phil@aurumsteamboat.com and I would love to invite you and a guest back into the restaurant on us. This is not in efforts to mask your previous dining experience, rather an opportunity to give you the experience you deserve.

I look forward to hearing from you.