“Best place to eat”

Sake2U
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Sushi and Japanese food is so good we go there at least twice each visit. Place gets really busy around 6 PM, it is small but worth the wait. The Steamboat crunchies are my favorite, rice really good too. Wait staff excellent and friendly.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The sushi was delicious and creative. Some of the rolls we ordered arenot sushi per se (beef tenderloin and lobster roll), but it was a blast tasting the unique combinations that they put in front of you. These specialty rolls were quite expensive but you get what you pay for. Friendly and attentive wait staff.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Cozy little place with super fresh, well prepared sushi and fantastic service! Had a wonderful bottle of cabernet as well. Highly recommend!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Fantastic location, great service and always amazing food! We love the cucumber salad and the Steamboat crunch roll. Eric was the best server we've had in Steamboat.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Last year, my family visited Saketumi and loved it. I was surprised on our return to see the other reviews on this page, and I thought perhaps something had changed. But it hasn't. Saketumi's still top notch; and it's still serving terrific sushi. The fish is incredibly fresh. The sashimi portions are generous at six, largish pieces per order, and the rolls are fabulous. The traditional rolls are well made; and their own house rolls are among my favorite sushi rolls anywhere. I especially love the 3 Gems. My family eats sushi at least weekly. We've eaten it at some of the top sushi restaurants in major cities throughout the world, and in our local more "regular" favorite. Saketumi is as good as all but the rarefied $200 per person type of places. Is it pricey as compared to other really good but less-than-stratospheric places? Maybe slightly, but then, they do have to fly the fish to Steamboat. If you really like good sushi, don't be deterred by the other reviews. This place is great!