“A happy anniversary”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of E3 Chophouse

E3 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
E3 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Created by the LaRoche family, E3 is Steamboat’s newest dining experience. Located on the beautiful Yampa River in an amazing setting – downtown Steamboat Springs.E3 features the best seasonal, all-natural products available. Enjoy daily specials, fresh fish 24 hours sea-to-table, amazing desserts from our pastry chef, wild game cooked to perfection and, of course, our steaks and chops.Our “ranch-to-table concept “ starts with cattle being raised humanly, in an all-natural environment. We own our ranch, making this truly a family business. Our steaks and chops are cut daily in house and prepared the only way we know how: to perfection. Our steaks are cooked using an overfired char broiler that will leave you wanting more.Our menus change weekly, allowing us to provide only the best, all natural meals to our guests. Vegetarian – no problem; gluten-free – no problem. Our chef will create a memorable experience for any dietary need.
Clearwater, Florida
“A happy anniversary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I ate here June 1 for our 40th anniversary. We are from FL so wanted to be on the river. The view was outstanding and so was the service. Our server, Loraine, was fabulous. My husband ordered the BBQ special, which was only 15.99 and so much food-3 meats, beans, mashed potatoes, cornbread and some slaw. I had the pork chop and market vegetables, which was $34 Very good. There is also bread service. We ordered a split of champagne and ended with the chocolate cake dessert- which the management picked up in honor of our anniversary! How nice was that! We ended sitting by the fire put and watching the river a bit. The ambience is so nice and not pretentious. We would go back again for sure.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Vicky H
E3Chophouse, Public Relations Manager at E3 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hi Vicky,
We're honored you spend your anniversary with us! And better yet to hear that you enjoyed it. The BBQ Night has been a hit this spring - happy your husband liked it. Stop by and see us next time you're in Steamboat!

Best,

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Finally, a real steak house back in Steamboat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The folks at E3 Chophouse have done an excellent job converting a premier location on the Yampa River into the right combination of rustic and comfortable dining. This time of year, with the doors open to the west, you feel like you're dining outside while still being covered - and if you don't mind a little breeze, there is patio dining as well.

The steaks were excellent, and overall a very nice menu. Prices are not cheap, but similar to what you would expect in a real steakhouse - and at least the quality here is consistent for the price.

Several of our friends have tried their happy hour or weekly specials and commented very favorably on those as well.

The service is still a little slow and uncoordinated at times, but I would guess that's partially a function of getting to know the new restaurant and crowd. The manager stopped by several times to make sure things were ok.

Still not a true 5 star, but has chances of getting there. Not a cheap night out, but nice for special occasions and that one in a while splurge.

1 Thank C3_Explorer
Hi Corky,
Thank you for the review! Very glad you enjoyed your steak, and that you've heard good things too. If you'd care to share anything further, our general manger welcomes feedback. You can speak with him directly via email, david@e3chophouse.com, or directly on his cell 307.690.3116.

Cheers!
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Good food-Awful service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We enjoyed our food and loved the fact it was next to the river. Unfortunately we finished our entrees and it took 20 minutes for our server to make her way back to our table, all the while I watched here go back and forth to her other tables. We finally had to ask one of the guys serving water to let her know we would like our bill. Finally she came over and barely acknowledged that she had been gone. Needless to say that we left an appropriate tip, we will not return since we come to Steamboat often, and let the Resort which recommended E3 of the lack of service.

Hi Thomas,
So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your service at E3. We have the highest expectations at E3, both for our service and our food, so if you would like to let us know what night you were here, we might better determine which staff we may need to speak to. Please feel free to contact our general manager, Dave Eliason, at david@e3chophouse.com or directly on his cell 307.690.3116.

Colorado
“Continued disappointment...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We've tried E3 Chophouse 3 times now. Each time we are hoping that they finally have it together. Each time the menu has changed. We like to sit at the bar so we can watch the big screens. The bartenders seem to "share' the bar patrons-it's confusing to know who your server is, but that aside, they are generally friendly. The draft beer selection is extremely weak. These selections also continue to change so you never know what you are going to get. We went in last night for the 2 for 1 dinner special. My husband ordered the least expensive steak on the menu-$34 I think- ordered it to be cooked rare, it arrived medium. I ordered the short rib and we shared a market salad. The salad was wonderful. Large, fresh spinach, tasty dressing. The short rib arrived soon afterwards with a huge bone on the plate alongside the meat part. It appeared to be a separate bone that was placed on the plate for decoration.?? Anyway-I cut into the rib and it was 90% FAT. Yes I said 90%. I dug around for a few bites of actual meat and gave up. I don't know what kind of rib meal the cooks were hoping this to be, but it was not edible. The vegies and potatoes were fine but I did not get a good fill of the meat portion of my dinner at all. I should have sent it back, but I was simply exhausted and didn't really have the fight in me to even say anything. As the server took my plate, she saw that I hardly ate my dinner, but said nothing. I will not return for food in this establishment. The atmosphere is nice, rustic and interesting. Beer is beer, but I won't waste my money on a joke of a meal again. Our previous visits to this restaurant were alright, nothing to brag about and this visit sealed the deal for us. One more thing...what kind of steakhouse doesn't offer a big ol' burger on the dinner menu?? The sliders on the happy hour menu were tasty enough, but not offered for dinner. Plates are overpriced, wine is overpriced. Food is marginal.

Hi 2libras,
We are very sorry to hear that your experience with E3 was disappointing. Our general manager would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you would like, please contact him at david@e3chophouse.com or directly on his cell 307.690.3116.

Newport
“Super restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Exceptional food and service. Wonderful Happy Hour and outside dinning area. Happy Hour food even enough for early dinner.

• Visited May 2014
E3Chophouse, Public Relations Manager at E3 Chophouse, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi Valzimmer_123,
Glad you were able to enjoy the new E3 patio! Come back again soon!

Cheers,