“Good food-Awful service”
Review of E3 Chophouse

E3 Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
E3 Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Created by the LaRoche family, E3 is Steamboat’s newest dining experience. Located on the beautiful Yampa River in an amazing setting – downtown Steamboat Springs.E3 features the best seasonal, all-natural products available. Enjoy daily specials, fresh fish 24 hours sea-to-table, amazing desserts from our pastry chef, wild game cooked to perfection and, of course, our steaks and chops.Our “ranch-to-table concept “ starts with cattle being raised humanly, in an all-natural environment. We own our ranch, making this truly a family business. Our steaks and chops are cut daily in house and prepared the only way we know how: to perfection. Our steaks are cooked using an overfired char broiler that will leave you wanting more.Our menus change weekly, allowing us to provide only the best, all natural meals to our guests. Vegetarian – no problem; gluten-free – no problem. Our chef will create a memorable experience for any dietary need.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We enjoyed our food and loved the fact it was next to the river. Unfortunately we finished our entrees and it took 20 minutes for our server to make her way back to our table, all the while I watched here go back and forth to her other tables. We finally had to ask one of the guys serving water to let her know we would like our bill. Finally she came over and barely acknowledged that she had been gone. Needless to say that we left an appropriate tip, we will not return since we come to Steamboat often, and let the Resort which recommended E3 of the lack of service.

E3Chophouse, Public Relations Manager at E3 Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Hi Thomas,
So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your service at E3. We have the highest expectations at E3, both for our service and our food, so if you would like to let us know what night you were here, we might better determine which staff we may need to speak to. Please feel free to contact our general manager, Dave Eliason, at david@e3chophouse.com or directly on his cell 307.690.3116.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We've tried E3 Chophouse 3 times now. Each time we are hoping that they finally have it together. Each time the menu has changed. We like to sit at the bar so we can watch the big screens. The bartenders seem to "share' the bar patrons-it's confusing to know who your server is, but that aside, they are generally friendly. The draft beer selection is extremely weak. These selections also continue to change so you never know what you are going to get. We went in last night for the 2 for 1 dinner special. My husband ordered the least expensive steak on the menu-$34 I think- ordered it to be cooked rare, it arrived medium. I ordered the short rib and we shared a market salad. The salad was wonderful. Large, fresh spinach, tasty dressing. The short rib arrived soon afterwards with a huge bone on the plate alongside the meat part. It appeared to be a separate bone that was placed on the plate for decoration.?? Anyway-I cut into the rib and it was 90% FAT. Yes I said 90%. I dug around for a few bites of actual meat and gave up. I don't know what kind of rib meal the cooks were hoping this to be, but it was not edible. The vegies and potatoes were fine but I did not get a good fill of the meat portion of my dinner at all. I should have sent it back, but I was simply exhausted and didn't really have the fight in me to even say anything. As the server took my plate, she saw that I hardly ate my dinner, but said nothing. I will not return for food in this establishment. The atmosphere is nice, rustic and interesting. Beer is beer, but I won't waste my money on a joke of a meal again. Our previous visits to this restaurant were alright, nothing to brag about and this visit sealed the deal for us. One more thing...what kind of steakhouse doesn't offer a big ol' burger on the dinner menu?? The sliders on the happy hour menu were tasty enough, but not offered for dinner. Plates are overpriced, wine is overpriced. Food is marginal.

Hi 2libras,
We are very sorry to hear that your experience with E3 was disappointing. Our general manager would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you would like, please contact him at david@e3chophouse.com or directly on his cell 307.690.3116.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Exceptional food and service. Wonderful Happy Hour and outside dinning area. Happy Hour food even enough for early dinner.

E3Chophouse, Public Relations Manager at E3 Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hi Valzimmer_123,
Glad you were able to enjoy the new E3 patio! Come back again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We waited for several months to try E3 since it had very mixed reviews at the opening. Unfortunately we were still disappointed. We went on a Sunday night for BBQ night and the food was not good. The chicken was so dry you could hardly cut it. It really tasted like it had been cooked another day and reheated. The pork was decent, the beef was a little dry but edible. The presentation of the food was not appetizing either. They took a large plate and slopped six dollops of different items on the plate with a piece of cornbread. The service and all the wait staff were very friendly so I give them high ratings. Obviously the kitchen is the issue with this place. We had high hopes for E3 but we are very glad we tried it during mud season as we would be very disappointed to spend $200 on a mediocre meal during regular season. Somebody really needs to look and taste the food leaving the kitchen. A great wait staff will not cut it at these prices. For $200 and a good meal I will stick with Café Diva and Three Peaks for now.

Kim,
We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your BBQ night meal. Our general manager would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you would like, please contact him at david@e3chophouse.com or directly on his cell 307.690.3116.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Best,

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Loved, loved, loved this place! We enjoyed riverfront dining while the sun was setting. We sat inside and not on the deck but the restaurant is open air so we had the best of both. The music was lovely, relaxing and romantic (Dean Martin, Louie Armstrong, Peggy Lee). The tables have linen with a candle at the center. The high back chairs are comfortable and good looking. The food was delicious and the service was excellent (the GM took care of us and he is exceptional.) We had a wonderful evening!

E3Chophouse, Public Relations Manager at E3 Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

AV,
Happy to hear you were able to enjoy a sunset meal with us! Will pass along the kind words to our manager. Thank you again, and hope to see you back soon!

Cheers,