“Nice place for fun / Bad business practices !”

Old Town Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Old Town Hot Springs is an historic all-natural hot spring and recreational facility in the heart of downtown Steamboat Springs. It is family friendly and has been the place for recreation and rejuvenation for visitors and locals alike for over 100 years. The swimming and soaking pools served as a gathering and bathing place for the Ute Indians who first settled in the area. Then in the late 1800s, it was a social spot and a bathing place for the early homesteaders. Old Town Hot Springs sits at an elevation of 6,700 feet and offers eight pools, including two 230-foot waterslides, a 3,000 square foot hot activity pool, an aquatic rock climbing wall, the historic Heart Spring pool, eight lap lanes, and massage. We also have a full fitness center with over 45 classes each week, including aqua fitness classes, yoga, spin, Pilates, BodyPump, Zumba, and more. It is a 501(c)3 non-profit, multi-use complex open seven days a week, year-round.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My son and I had good time at this place BUT beware of their tourist trap way of doing business. Example paid $28 to get through the door my son and I, My Son want's to go on the slide from the tower that does not open till noon, Boy comes back says it cost $8 more for a purple wrist band to use, So I go get more dollars for the privilege for the slide, Then later that day my boy notices the Wipe out maze and finds out that another $6 bucks to do it! I watch and this happen all day long! Parents were not happy at all ! My complaint! This is done with NO DISCLOSURE when entering! Disclose all fees and I think all will be much happier about their experience ! The word of mouth is a much better way of advertisement I was warned about this place from the Locals that lived or worked in the past at this place, Their response was (Welcome To Steamboat!)

1  Thank Todd E
Shannon L, Public Relations Manager at Old Town Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Todd,
We are noticing your unhappy reviews of Old Town Hot Springs popping up throughout the internet. We apologize for your frustration with the facility and will do our best to address it and remedy the situation. The front desk staff is diligent on asking every incoming guest if they would like to play on the slide and WIBIT when they check in. There is a large picture of the WIBIT in the lobby. Also, it is $6 for the slide but $10 for both of these extra amenities. All of these prices are listed on our website, brochures, and on the sign above the front desk. Please also know that Old Town Hot Springs is a 501©3 non-profit corporation so we are not funded or subsidized by the city in any way. All money from operations are put back into improvements for this popular historical amenity. It has been around for over 100 years and is a wonderful place to work, to play, and to workout, for locals and visitors to our town. Please let us know if you are ever back in Steamboat as we would love to have your family visit. This time, it’s on us! Just email me at ShannonLL@sshra.org and I will arrange passes for you. Thank you again for your constructive comments and we hope to see you soon. –Shannon Lukens, Marketing Director, Old Town Hot Springs

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were in town to catch the bike races, and my kids wanted no part of that. So it was great that they were old enough (16, 12, and 11) to be able to spend a few hours at the hot springs while we watched the races - made everyone happy.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

For $14 (with coupon) each, my husband and I enjoyed a relaxing evening here. It was clean, uncrowded, easy to get to and a great place to get to know the locals. Taking the waters might even be therapeutic.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My son and I enjoyed the day at the pools. Although I thought he would enjoy the slides more but I did hear some say it hurt their back or feet guess the bump that is between each connection piece. Still got our money's worth for the all day slide pass vs one slide because he went at least 3 times so it paid for itself. HINT HINT get the free coupon book they have $2 off coupons for adult and youth! You can find these books in the stores or visitor like centers. Also was nice you can come in and leave whenever you choose just get the hand stamp!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Friends who are locals took us here. It had fun and fitness for young and old! You have to pay extra for some activities. For example there are water slides and a water obstacle course for kids but you have to pay extra. It was worth it though because we spent the entire day there. They have a cafe but you can bring in a cooler of your own food too. They also have these amazing hot springs that are great for the adults.
The staff is friendly and the life guards seemed to be on top of things. Parents should know that your child must pass a swim test to do certain activities here. Also there are age and height requirements. Not to worry though, there is an excellent kiddie pool area too.